bde without bde installation

I want to run an application on a computer that does not have bde install on
it,
Is there a way to use TTable without installing bde, only by copying some
dlls (which ones?) ?

Re:bde without bde installation

What type of database file are you using? (.dbf, etc.)

Mike

"jcahi" <j...@jcahitech.com> wrote in message news:3c51009f_1@dnews...
> I want to run an application on a computer that does not have bde install
on
> it,
> Is there a way to use TTable without installing bde, only by copying some
> dlls (which ones?) ?

Re:bde without bde installation

I think it's illegal to distribute the bde run-times without using the
borland supplied bde-installation program. Why don't you convert your bde
app to ado instead?
-zj

"jcahi" <j...@jcahitech.com> wrote in message news:3c51009f_1@dnews...
> I want to run an application on a computer that does not have bde install
on
> it,
> Is there a way to use TTable without installing bde, only by copying some
> dlls (which ones?) ?

Re:bde without bde installation

No. You can install the BDE on a file server and run it from there but the
BDE must be available. If you are using dBase tables you could use a third
party engine instead of the BDE.

--
Bill

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:51:45 +0200, "jcahi" <j...@jcahitech.com> wrote:
>Is there a way to use TTable without installing bde

As Bill Todd pointed out, if you are using dBase tables a third party
engine can be a better alternative. I use Topaz from Software Science.
No dlls. Very robust.

Sam

--
Crossdown