Delphi to MSSQL Server 6.5

I am going to connect to a MSSQL Server 6.5, so I create a DSN by
using the ODBC32 in control panel, then from the BDE Config create an
new ODBC Drive using the DSN just created and add an alias, name pcs,
use that new ODBC Drive.

In the program, I add an StoredProc into the Form, select the database
name, when I try to select the StoredProcName, delphi said "Your
Application is not enabled for use with this driver. Alias pcs."

What's wrong? I try to igron the error and go on the coding, try to
open the StoredProc, but the same error apprear,....no luck :<

How can I "ENABLE MY APPLICATION"?

Leo Lau
E-mail : l...@asl.com.hk

Re:Delphi to MSSQL Server 6.5

On Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:00:18 GMT, l...@asl.com.hk (Leo Lau) wrote:
>I am going to connect to a MSSQL Server 6.5, so I create a DSN by
>using the ODBC32 in control panel, then from the BDE Config create an
>new ODBC Drive using the DSN just created and add an alias, name pcs,
>use that new ODBC Drive.

Do you have to use ODBC? SQL-Links works just fine with MS-SQL 6.5. (I
assume you're using D2)

Stay tuned
Anders Gregersen / CD-Danmark
a...@cddk.dk

Re:Delphi to MSSQL Server 6.5

Anders Gregersen wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:00:18 GMT, l...@asl.com.hk (Leo Lau) wrote:

> >I am going to connect to a MSSQL Server 6.5, so I create a DSN by
> >using the ODBC32 in control panel, then from the BDE Config create an
> >new ODBC Drive using the DSN just created and add an alias, name pcs,
> >use that new ODBC Drive.

> Do you have to use ODBC? SQL-Links works just fine with MS-SQL 6.5. (I
> assume you're using D2)

> Stay tuned
> Anders Gregersen / CD-Danmark
> a...@cddk.dk

Here is a question that follows nicely with this thread:

Do you need Delphi 2.0 Client/Server to access MS-SQL Server 6.5 or will
Delphi 2.0 Delveloper work?

Any help would be appreciated,
--

Adam R. Aitken
--

Adam R. Aitken
WebMaster

----------------------------
WebMas...@eAds.Com
http://www.eads.com/

Re:Delphi to MSSQL Server 6.5

Delphi 2 Developer's Edition will work with MSSQL Server 6.5 using ODBC;
that's the combination I'm using.  (The Desktop Edition does not have the
ODBC dll's.)
Gene

Adam R. Aitken <webmas...@eads.com> wrote in article
<32DC7827.6...@eads.com>...

> Anders Gregersen wrote:

> > On Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:00:18 GMT, l...@asl.com.hk (Leo Lau) wrote:

> > >I am going to connect to a MSSQL Server 6.5, so I create a DSN by
> > >using the ODBC32 in control panel, then from the BDE Config create an
> > >new ODBC Drive using the DSN just created and add an alias, name pcs,
> > >use that new ODBC Drive.

> > Do you have to use ODBC? SQL-Links works just fine with MS-SQL 6.5. (I
> > assume you're using D2)

> > Stay tuned
> > Anders Gregersen / CD-Danmark
> > a...@cddk.dk

> Here is a question that follows nicely with this thread:

> Do you need Delphi 2.0 Client/Server to access MS-SQL Server 6.5 or will
> Delphi 2.0 Delveloper work?

> Any help would be appreciated,
> --

> Adam R. Aitken
> --

> Adam R. Aitken
> WebMaster
> eAds

> ----------------------------
> WebMas...@eAds.Com
> http://www.eads.com/

Re:Delphi to MSSQL Server 6.5

> Here is a question that follows nicely with this thread:

> Do you need Delphi 2.0 Client/Server to access MS-SQL Server 6.5 or will
> Delphi 2.0 Delveloper work?

You do not need Delphi 2.0 C/S if you are using ODBC.  Delphi 2.0 Developer
gives you your ODBC connectivity.

Here is another question...

Do you need BDE to access MS-SQL Server 6.5?

Here is the answer: No.  You do not need the BDE to access MS-SQL Server
6.5. What you do need is ODBCExpress - a set of non-visual and visual
components that use native ODBC to access your database.  This means you
don't even need Delphi Developer, Delphi Desktop is all you need! (with
ODBCExpress of course).  Frightning isn't it?

"What about performance and ease of use?" you ask?.  Answer: you have
performance matching/beating BDE and ease of use.

Check out ODBCExpress at http://www.odbcexpress.com

Other Threads