D4 App compiling under D5

Hi.  I was hoping someone could give me some ideas for this project.
If necessary, I can go into more details on this.

At work, we have a program that is basically a standard database
interface, using mostly Interbase through the BDE (ugh).  We compiled
it on Delphi 4 last yearand it generally worked well.  We have the
source code that it was compiled with.

However, this year we took the same app, made no changes, and compiled
under Delphi 5.  Both programs will work fine with databases from last
year and this year (they're the same too).  However, the versions
compiled this year crawl so that it is basically unusable.  From what
I can tell this happens during a part with it is updating a bunch of
info on the screen, either the data or the actual redraw.

This includes anything I compile with Delphi 4.

I guess my question is this:  "Will having Delphi 5 in any way impact
how Delphi 4 compiles programs?"  Or would anyone have any ideas as to
what I can check next?

I have Delphi 3,4,5.. All Professional versions.

Phoenix
(to e-mail, replace "moocow" with "hotmail")

Re:D4 App compiling under D5

Delphi 4 and Delphi 5 don't influence eachother, except for the BDE. There
can only be one version of the BDE installed. If you install Delphi 5 on
your PC the BDE is upgraded to version 5.1 (you can upgrade to 5.1.1 by
downloading the update from www.borland.com/bde).

"Phoenix" <justin...@moocow.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi.  I was hoping someone could give me some ideas for this project.
> If necessary, I can go into more details on this.

> At work, we have a program that is basically a standard database
> interface, using mostly Interbase through the BDE (ugh).  We compiled
> it on Delphi 4 last yearand it generally worked well.  We have the
> source code that it was compiled with.

> However, this year we took the same app, made no changes, and compiled
> under Delphi 5.  Both programs will work fine with databases from last
> year and this year (they're the same too).  However, the versions
> compiled this year crawl so that it is basically unusable.  From what
> I can tell this happens during a part with it is updating a bunch of
> info on the screen, either the data or the actual redraw.

> This includes anything I compile with Delphi 4.

> I guess my question is this:  "Will having Delphi 5 in any way impact
> how Delphi 4 compiles programs?"  Or would anyone have any ideas as to
> what I can check next?

> I have Delphi 3,4,5.. All Professional versions.

> Phoenix
> (to e-mail, replace "moocow" with "hotmail")

Re:D4 App compiling under D5

Hmm.. I've done the updates.. There must be something else then.. I'll
just have to keep looking.  Thank you very much!

Phoenix
(to e-mail, replace "moocow" with "hotmail")

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:55:10 +0200, "M.H. Avegaart"

<avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote:
>Delphi 4 and Delphi 5 don't influence eachother, except for the BDE. There
>can only be one version of the BDE installed. If you install Delphi 5 on
>your PC the BDE is upgraded to version 5.1 (you can upgrade to 5.1.1 by
>downloading the update from www.borland.com/bde).

>"Phoenix" <justin...@moocow.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi.  I was hoping someone could give me some ideas for this project.
>> If necessary, I can go into more details on this.

>> At work, we have a program that is basically a standard database
>> interface, using mostly Interbase through the BDE (ugh).  We compiled
>> it on Delphi 4 last yearand it generally worked well.  We have the
>> source code that it was compiled with.

>> However, this year we took the same app, made no changes, and compiled
>> under Delphi 5.  Both programs will work fine with databases from last
>> year and this year (they're the same too).  However, the versions
>> compiled this year crawl so that it is basically unusable.  From what
>> I can tell this happens during a part with it is updating a bunch of
>> info on the screen, either the data or the actual redraw.

>> This includes anything I compile with Delphi 4.

>> I guess my question is this:  "Will having Delphi 5 in any way impact
>> how Delphi 4 compiles programs?"  Or would anyone have any ideas as to
>> what I can check next?

>> I have Delphi 3,4,5.. All Professional versions.

>> Phoenix
>> (to e-mail, replace "moocow" with "hotmail")

Other Threads