Board index » delphi » Easy question - Please help the novice

Easy question - Please help the novice

I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
.exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
F9.  

Thanks....

 

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
Ascii Rider wrote:
> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
> F9.

It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably overwriting
one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.

AME

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
ericc...@wwa.com (Ascii Rider) wrote:
>I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
>.exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
>that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
>F9.  

There is an option in the "Compile" menu: Compile to disk. If you click
on it, it should revert to: Compile to memory. This is a toggle, each
time you click on it, it will change between the two states.

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


In article <33311CDB.3...@airmail.net>, look...@airmail.net says...

Quote

>Ascii Rider wrote:

>> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
>> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
>> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
>> F9.

>It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably overwriting
>one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.

>AME

How original. I'll buy it when I can, but I am very happy with my "stolen"
copy right now.  And I have a lot more respect for the people who allowed me
to steal it than I do for you, at they are trying to help people, unlike
Borland , or yourself.

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


In article <5grc0a$...@falcon.le.ac.uk>, E...@le.ac.uk says...

Quote

>ericc...@wwa.com (Ascii Rider) wrote:
>>I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting
an
>>.exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
>>that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
>>F9.  

>There is an option in the "Compile" menu: Compile to disk. If you click
>on it, it should revert to: Compile to memory. This is a toggle, each
>time you click on it, it will change between the two states.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.  

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
In article <5gqf00$hf...@kirin.wwa.com>, Ascii Rider <ericc...@wwa.com> wrote:
>I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
>.exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
>that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
>F9.  

TP is a compiler. That is a tool that takes a source code and turns it
into an executable. That is .EXE-file. Get it?

There is an option that allows you to compile top memory only but there
is little real use for that.

Osmo

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


ericc...@wwa.com writed sumthing lik this

Quote
> In article <33311CDB.3...@airmail.net>, look...@airmail.net says...

> >Ascii Rider wrote:

> >> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
> >> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
> >> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
> >> F9.

> >It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably overwriting
> >one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.

> >AME

> How original. I'll buy it when I can, but I am very happy with my "stolen"
> copy right now.  And I have a lot more respect for the people who allowed me
> to steal it than I do for you, at they are trying to help people, unlike
> Borland , or yourself.

Umm yeah, right on d00d. I think I know what you're problem is. If anyone else
is reading this please note that this procedure should *only* be done if you
have a pirated copy of TP. It's not necessary otherwise. The .exe files are a
sign that Borlands in-built copy-protection has been activated. You see when
it first came out d00d, they wanted to have protection to stop people writing
programs with pirated software. So there is a file in your c:\tp\bin directory
called tpc.exe that you should delete. This file is marking your programs to
stop them working on some computers. The other way to disable it to go into
the c:\tp\units directory which is s3kretly keeping track of your directory
structure. If you find any files that have a .tpu extension DELETE THEM. Then
you will have no more problems with the piracy issue. I guarantee it. Please
note everyone that you should NOT tamper with any of these files if you have a
legally installed copy of TP. Hope this helps :)

--Maelstrom
Help preserve Usenets precious resources
  --Recycle old jokes NOW --

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
> >> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
> >> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
> >> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl F9.

> >It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably overwriting
> >one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.

> How original. I'll buy it when I can, but I am very happy with my "stolen"
> copy right now.  And I have a lot more respect for the people who allowed me
> to steal it than I do for you, at they are trying to help people, unlike Borland , or yourself.

   OH?  How is doing something illegal, dishonest, and wholly unethical
"helping" anyone?  Do you figure that you're "destined" to have TP/BP,
and that these "angels" have appeared to bypass the horrible, commercial
obsticles which are impeding you from this Grand Plan?  Do you likewise
feel that the Jaguar you covet will also somehow become yours without
earning the money most people pay to acquire it?  Will you steal another
man's wife because you think she's really "hot" and you deserve her more
than he?  (Or perhaps you prefer young boys...)
   Where is the logic in your methods for obtaining things you want?  Do
you steal from entities you simply "don't like", such as Borland, IBM,
or MicroSoft?  What's your criteria for this selection?  Do you rip off
only those whom you feel "deserve" to be stolen from, or is anyone fair
game for your malevolence?
   Your petty and bogus justifications for stealing TP/BP (or anything
you don't care to purchase) are only to be pitied and vilified, not
admired or flaunted.  I hope that all thinking people here see you for
what you are and categorically refuse you any sort of help in your
miserable efforts.  You earn only contempt from most of us here, and I,
for one, hope you rot in Hell...

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
>         Uhhh, I think so mister....Since when did programmers get so stinking high and mighty?

   The mere fact that we paid for our copy of the product (and its
documentation) gives that right - in fact, it says so in the official
documentation: we can castigate, vilify, and otherwise put down those
who use pirated or illegally-obtained software.  

Quote
> Evidentally you didn't understand my question smart
>         A$$.  I'm trying to teach myself pascal and I'm pretty sure you can
>        run a file withought actually making an executable. AND, as my
>        question CLEARLY states, I was concerned only because I didn't see the
>         file being made before, and I thought I might have done something I shouldn't have.

   Well, you did: you used an illegally obtained copy of a commercial
(software) product - which automatically negates your right to get
reasonable help and/or replies here, and it entitles us to consider you
lower than sh*t on the bottom of the ocean.  It's all there, in the
official documentation you disdained getting in such a cavilier
manner...

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


In article <5guchf$...@kruuna.Helsinki.FI>, ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi says...

Quote

>In article <5gqf00$hf...@kirin.wwa.com>, Ascii Rider <ericc...@wwa.com>
wrote:
>>I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up getting an
>>.exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda worried
>>that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing Ctrl
>>F9.  

>TP is a compiler. That is a tool that takes a source code and turns it
>into an executable. That is .EXE-file. Get it?

        Uhhh, I think so mister....Since when did programmers get so stinking
        high and mighty?  Evidentally you didn't understand my question smart
        A$$.  I'm trying to teach myself pascal and I'm pretty sure you can  
       run a file withought actually making an executable. AND, as my
       question CLEARLY states, I was concerned only because I didn't see the
        file being made before, and I thought I might have done something I
        shouldn't have.

GEEZ!

Quote
>There is an option that allows you to compile top memory only but there
>is little real use for that.

>Osmo

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


In article <MPG.d9d256744d92c65989...@news.iap.net.au>,
maelst...@deathsdoor.com.removethis says...

Quote

>ericc...@wwa.com writed sumthing lik this

>> In article <33311CDB.3...@airmail.net>, look...@airmail.net says...

>> >Ascii Rider wrote:

>> >> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up
getting an
>> >> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am kinda
worried
>> >> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just doing
Ctrl
>> >> F9.

>> >It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably
overwriting
>> >one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.

>> >AME

>> How original. I'll buy it when I can, but I am very happy with my
"stolen"
>> copy right now.  And I have a lot more respect for the people who
allowed me
>> to steal it than I do for you, at they are trying to help people,
unlike
>> Borland , or yourself.

>Umm yeah, right on d00d. I think I know what you're problem is. If anyone
else
>is reading this please note that this procedure should *only* be done if
you
>have a pirated copy of TP. It's not necessary otherwise. The .exe files
are a
>sign that Borlands in-built copy-protection has been activated. You see
when
>it first came out d00d, they wanted to have protection to stop people
writing
>programs with pirated software. So there is a file in your c:\tp\bin
directory
>called tpc.exe that you should delete. This file is marking your programs
to
>stop them working on some computers. The other way to disable it to go
into
>the c:\tp\units directory which is s3kretly keeping track of your
directory
>structure. If you find any files that have a .tpu extension DELETE THEM.
Then
>you will have no more problems with the piracy issue. I guarantee it.
Please
>note everyone that you should NOT tamper with any of these files if you
have a
>legally installed copy of TP. Hope this helps :)

>--Maelstrom
>Help preserve Usenets precious resources
>  --Recycle old jokes NOW --

I'm really not THAT stupid.

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
> >    Your petty and bogus justifications for stealing TP/BP (or anything
> > you don't care to purchase) are only to be pitied and vilified, not
> > admired or flaunted.  I hope that all thinking people here see you for
> > what you are and categorically refuse you any sort of help in your
> > miserable efforts.  You earn only contempt from most of us here, and I,
> > for one, hope you rot in Hell...

> Mike,
>    I have to respectfully disagree with your extreme anti-piracy > views.
> But I just have to wonder.  In the past, your anti-piracy posts have
> been very rational and well stated.  Kim Forwood and Alan Evans have
> always been {*word*216}s about it, but you have not usually stooped to that.
> So why are you being such a punk-ass lately?

   This guy ("Ascii Rider" - can't any of these people use
_real_names_?) sent me "over the edge" - his attitude and specious piety
(how he helps people in the slums and is grateful for those who support
his piracy efforts) were just too much for me to maintain any level of
propriety.  I admit that the post went beyond most of what I do here,
but his particular "thumbing of his nose" was more than I could handle.
   You have a point, and I probably hurt my image (for those who pay me
any attention) - such as it is.  However, "Sometimes you just gotta say,
what the...".  Sorry to disappont you.  8<}}

Re:Easy question - Please help the novice


Quote
Ascii Rider wrote:

  In article <MPG.d9d256744d92c65989...@news.iap.net.au>,
  maelst...@deathsdoor.com.removethis says...
  >
  >ericc...@wwa.com writed sumthing lik this
  >
  >> In article <33311CDB.3...@airmail.net>, look...@airmail.net
  says...
  >> >
  >> >Ascii Rider wrote:
  >> >
  >> >> I have noticed that every time I run a program (tp7), I end up

  getting an
  >> >> .exe file. I didn't notice this happening before, so I am
  kinda
  worried
  >> >> that I messed with something that I shouldn't have.  I'm just
  doing
  Ctrl
  >> >> F9.
  >> >
  >> >It's probably that stolen copy of TP that you have. Probably
  overwriting
  >> >one byte of your BIOS each time you compile as well.
  >> >
  >> >AME
  >>
  >> How original. I'll buy it when I can, but I am very happy with my

  "stolen"
  >> copy right now.  And I have a lot more respect for the people who

  allowed me
  >> to steal it than I do for you, at they are trying to help people,

  unlike
  >> Borland , or yourself.
  >
  >Umm yeah, right on d00d. I think I know what you're problem is. If
  anyone
  else
  >is reading this please note that this procedure should *only* be
  done if
  you
  >have a pirated copy of TP. It's not necessary otherwise. The .exe
  files
  are a
  >sign that Borlands in-built copy-protection has been activated. You
  see
  when
  >it first came out d00d, they wanted to have protection to stop
  people
  writing
  >programs with pirated software. So there is a file in your
  c:\tp\bin
  directory
  >called tpc.exe that you should delete. This file is marking your
  programs
  to
  >stop them working on some computers. The other way to disable it to
  go
  into
  >the c:\tp\units directory which is s3kretly keeping track of your
  directory
  >structure. If you find any files that have a .tpu extension DELETE
  THEM.
  Then
  >you will have no more problems with the piracy issue. I guarantee
  it.
  Please
  >note everyone that you should NOT tamper with any of these files if
  you
  have a
  >legally installed copy of TP. Hope this helps :)
  >
  >--Maelstrom
  >Help preserve Usenets precious resources
  >  --Recycle old jokes NOW --

  I'm really not THAT stupid.

 You really do underestimate yourself.  You are easily that stupid.

Bob.

Other Threads