ADOQuery, Cacheupdate, cachesize

Hello everybody...

I'm using ADOquery for  insert and update the table using Oracle 8 ....
I need updating each record in a client, and send to server...
For better performance I need difine a CacheUpdate for ADOQuery, but it
property thas not exists...
The near is Cachesize...
How I can use it...?

Daisuke

Re:ADOQuery, Cacheupdate, cachesize

I think you want the UpdateBatch method.

Re:ADOQuery, Cacheupdate, cachesize

I have a TADODataSet with a Select statement.
I followed the help and set CursorLocation to clUseServer and LockType to
ltBatchOptimistic.

I then do :
  Open;
  Insert;
  {set fieldvalues}
  Post;
  UpdateBatch;

I get an exception on the Post : 'Provider cannot determine the value.
Possible reasons: The record was just created, ....'

If I do an Edit instead of Insert, it is OK.

What have I missed ?

Thanks,
Donna.

Del Murray <d...@emerald-coast.org> wrote in message

> I think you want the UpdateBatch method.

Other Threads