Updating Blob fields with SQL in Interbase

Hi,

What is the correct way to update a blob field using SQL. I have
an updated memory stream of data which I need to post back into
the table. So what I want to do is something like

TempQuery.SQL.Add('UPDATE BIGTABLE SET BLOBFIELD ='+fStream);
TempQuery.SQL.Add('WHERE NAME ='+NameStr);
TempQuery.ExecSQL

where fStream is of TMemoryStream.

I could return a live record set with
'SELECT * FROM BIGTABLE WHERE NAME ='+NameStr
and the modify the blob field in the returned singleton set but
I would have thought it would be possible to do directly.

Any ideas apreciated,

Richard.

Re:Updating Blob fields with SQL in Interbase

Re:Updating Blob fields with SQL in Interbase

Hi!

> What is the correct way to update a blob field using SQL. I have
> an updated memory stream of data which I need to post back into
> the table.

On InterBase 6.0 (Beta) update (insert) of BLOB field is made by "cursor
mechanism"
so try
RequestLive=true  and  SQLQuery.Params[...].Value = Field.Value

Tomasz.

Other Threads