Including IB Client in the setup

I develop a program with a standalone database. I am doing now is installing the program then installing the IB Client.

Is there a way to include the IB Client in the program setup such adding some dlls or what ever.

Thanks for help.

Re:Including IB Client in the setup

Check http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/ for Interbase 5.5 embedded
installation

I'd posted a paper with scripts on CodeCentral Interbase Technical info :
explanations mainly in french but you may adapt scripts examples (Inno Setup
or InstallShield Express for Delphi). I'll try to update this soon to make
it more complete.

Yaser <jarbo...@yahoo.com> a crit dans le message : 3b54028e$1_1@dnews...

RESO / Claude GUTH wrote:

> Check http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/ for Interbase 5.5 embedded
> installation

> I'd posted a paper with scripts on CodeCentral Interbase Technical info :
> explanations mainly in french but you may adapt scripts examples (Inno Setup
> or InstallShield Express for Delphi). I'll try to update this soon to make
> it more complete.

        See also http://ibinstall.defined.net

        HTH,

        -Craig

Re:Including IB Client in the setup

Thanks RESO
I'll be waiting for u
-----------------

"RESO / Claude GUTH" <reso...@club-internet.fr> wrote:

>Check http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/ for Interbase 5.5 embedded
>installation

>I'd posted a paper with scripts on CodeCentral Interbase Technical info :
>explanations mainly in french but you may adapt scripts examples (Inno Setup
>or InstallShield Express for Delphi). I'll try to update this soon to make
>it more complete.

>Yaser <jarbo...@yahoo.com> a crit dans le message : 3b54028e$1_1@dnews...

>> I develop a program with a standalone database. I am doing now is
>installing the program then installing the IB Client.

>> Is there a way to include the IB Client in the program setup such adding
>some dlls or what ever.

>> Thanks for help.

Re:Including IB Client in the setup

Hi Craig

I saw the site you wrote and I downloaded innosetup script since I am using the innosetup. I added it to my script and removed whatever related the ib server as long as I am needing only client files.

when i ran the setup then the program for test, I face a problem message "REMOTE INTERFACE isn't licensed". I included the IB-LICENSE.DAT file but it not works.

Thanks for help again.

"Craig Stuntz (TeamB)" <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote:

>RESO / Claude GUTH wrote:

>> Check http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/ for Interbase 5.5 embedded
>> installation

>> I'd posted a paper with scripts on CodeCentral Interbase Technical info :
>> explanations mainly in french but you may adapt scripts examples (Inno Setup
>> or InstallShield Express for Delphi). I'll try to update this soon to make
>> it more complete.

>    See also http://ibinstall.defined.net

>    HTH,

>    -Craig

>--
>Craig Stuntz (TeamB)       Senior Developer, Vertex Systems Corp.
>Delphi/InterBase weblog:   http://delphi.weblogs.com
>Use Borland servers; posts via others are not seen by TeamB.
>For more info, see http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Re:Including IB Client in the setup

Hi Craig

I saw the site you wrote and I downloaded innosetup script since I am using the innosetup. I added it to my script and removed whatever related the ib server as long as I am needing only client files.

when i ran the setup then the program for test, I faced a problem with a message "REMOTE INTERFACE isn't licensed". I included the IB-LICENSE.DAT file but it not works.

Yaser wrote:

> when i ran the setup then the program for test, I face a problem
> message "REMOTE INTERFACE isn't licensed". I included the
> IB-LICENSE.DAT file but it not works.

        Which version of IB are you installing?  Certified or Open?

        -Craig

Re:Including IB Client in the setup

I use the one that comes C++Builder 5 enteprise.
I think is InterBase 5 or InterBaser 5.6

Yaser wrote:

> I use the one that comes C++Builder 5 enteprise.
> I think is InterBase 5 or InterBaser 5.6

        OK, that does require a license.  I don't know if it's bound to a
particular machine.  The best place for licensing questions would be
borland.public.install.interbase, which is monitored by Borland.
Someone there should be able to help you with licensing IB 5.6.

        HTH,

        -Craig