Network UserName w/Delphi 1.0

Is there any way to retrieve the user's network username or ID (Novell
Netware 4) with Delphi 1.0 and no 3rd-party libraries?  If so, how?
If not, are there any 3rd-party libraries that will allow me to do
things such as this?

Thanks for any help.

BTW, I'm pretty new around here.  If this question is in the wrong
place, please let me know where it should be posted.

Re:Network UserName w/Delphi 1.0

There's a BDE API function, DbiGetNetUserName, which I believe was supported
in Delphi 1.

<35114212.10378...@news.mindspring.com>...

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:10:26 GMT, WSmit...@mindspring.com (Warren A.

Smith Jr.) wrote:
>Is there any way to retrieve the user's network username or ID (Novell
>Netware 4) with Delphi 1.0 and no 3rd-party libraries?  If so, how?
>If not, are there any 3rd-party libraries that will allow me to do
>things such as this?

The WNetGetUser function retrieves the network user name:

interface
function WNetGetUser (szUser : PChar; var BufferSize : Word) : Word;
implementation
function WNetGetUser; external 'USER' index 516;

szUser is a buffer that will receive the user name, of size
BufferSize.

>BTW, I'm pretty new around here.  If this question is in the wrong
>place, please let me know where it should be posted.

Something like this would normally go to the winapi newsgroup.

---
Yorai Aminov
El-On Software Systems
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov