Delphi 2.0 Stops when Tracing code

What happens is the following.  I run my application and everything seems to
work.  Now I want to check something and I set a breakpoint in the code.
I run the app again but as soon as it hits the breakpoint  Delphi freezes up
and then there is no other way out but CTRL,ALT,DEL..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Johan Pieterse

Re:Delphi 2.0 Stops when Tracing code

dpiet...@csir.co.za (Johan Pieterse) wrote:
>What happens is the following.  I run my application and everything seems to
>work.  Now I want to check something and I set a breakpoint in the code.
>I run the app again but as soon as it hits the breakpoint  Delphi freezes up
>and then there is no other way out but CTRL,ALT,DEL..

>Any help will be appreciated.

>Thanks
>Johan Pieterse

We had this problem alot.  Based on responses we got it is something
that doesn't hit everyone and many people will not fully understand
your problem.  But we did discuss with some people who also had the
same problems.

These are things that we did that may help:

1.  Turn off optimizer.

2.  Erase all the intermediate files from your program directory.  (do
a back-up first).  Use only dpr, pas and dfm files.  Recompile

3.  If you are using something like ChartFX see if removing it, helps.

4.  If all else fails, take out your code into a smaller "test"
application and test.  Pull it back in and continue.

We continued to have the problem in D2.  I hate to tell you but our
final answer was to get D3.  We have been going strong since then.

Regards,

Jeff Zeanah
Z Solutions, LLC
jeffz%zsolutions.com  (please change the % to @ to e-mail)