Delphi 3.0 VCL TCP Component "ARRRGGGG#%!"

Hi all,

I have created a client and server app, which reside on a NT4server and
NT4workstation, and I can't seem to get the TCP client component to
connect, does anyone know if there is a known problem, or has anyone had
success with this component, _or_ is there a better component out there
somewhere?

Thanks,

Dave...

Re:Delphi 3.0 VCL TCP Component "ARRRGGGG#%!"

In article <01bd3bc2$1f6ea100$0a3a8ad0@badputer>, "Dave Peck" <d...@alpine.net> wrote:
>Hi all,

>I have created a client and server app, which reside on a NT4server and
>NT4workstation, and I can't seem to get the TCP client component to
>connect, does anyone know if there is a known problem, or has anyone had
>success with this component, _or_ is there a better component out there
>somewhere?

I have no problem with the TCP components coming with D3. Are you sure
that your server app is working? I think it might be a good idea to
try to connect to the server using telnet to check wheter the server
accepts connections.

Andreas

--
helicon software development | Localization Tool for Borland Delphi 3
heli...@helicon.co.at        | helicon Translator for Delphi 3

Re:Delphi 3.0 VCL TCP Component "ARRRGGGG#%!"

> I have created a client and server app, which reside on a NT4server and
> NT4workstation, and I can't seem to get the TCP client component to
> connect, does anyone know if there is a known problem, or has anyone had
> success with this component,

Are you sur your server is working and accepting connections. Try to
connect to the server using the standard telnet program, specifying the
port you have assigned to your server. If telnet does'nt connect, you have
a problem with the server. If Telnet does connect, you have a problem with
the client.

> _or_ is there a better component out there somewhere?

There is a better one: a NATIVE (not an OCX you have problems to deploy)
VCL. freeware, full source code, free support, complete protocol suite,
many sample programs. The component is TWSocket and is part of ICS.

Download from http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm

--

francois.pie...@ping.be

Other Threads