Writing Simple Suspend/Resume Program in Turbo Pascal for DOS

I have Turbo Pascal for dos. I would like to write a simple
Suspend/Resume program that would read the contents of the ram and write
them to the hard drive. Then to resume the computer, it would read the
file and load the memory with what was saved.

I need some help as I don't know a whole lot about this kind of thing. I
might be leaving something out (do CPU registers need to be saved? Bytes
stored in Port Addresses?)

Thanks!

Please Email me!

Thank You In Advance!

Re:Writing Simple Suspend/Resume Program in Turbo Pascal for DOS

Hmm...  It seems like a hard task. If you want to save the state of the
computer and be able to continue another day, you will have to save
everything, including CPU-regs. Be careful you might alter them trying to
read them.

Another solution is the Action Replay by Datel Electronics. It is an
ISA-Card that among other things does
exactly what you are descriping. It has ram and rom on card, and hence is
able to interrupt the PC completely.

Best regards

Michael Laursen

Alex wrote:

> I have Turbo Pascal for dos. I would like to write a simple
> Suspend/Resume program that would read the contents of the ram and write
> them to the hard drive. Then to resume the computer, it would read the
> file and load the memory with what was saved.
> ......//,

//, Hi Alex
//,
//, The one way I can help you...
//, Write MEM content into a FILE on your harddisk:
//, http://www1.ai.fh-nuernberg.de/~unix101/SWAG/MZ/MZMEM.ARJ
//,
//, The other way
//, Write File into your MEM ????
//, Programs allocates different addresses
//, in your mem caused by what is or would
//, be loaded any time before...
//, So their is NO AIM to write back
//, data to any fixed mem-address.
//, It's no problem for me to insert
//, this option in my programm "MZMEM"
//, but what is happened then, you know?
//, Never be able to can do any things
//, on your machine without re-boot.
//,
//, Tell me more about this task and