Bitmaps mapped to a speedbutton problem

I created some 18x18 bitmaps that I would like to use on speedbuttons.
However, when I stick them in, there appears to be something wrong
with the pallete.  I created them using the Delphi Image Editor and
they 16 colors.  In the button the bitmaps  are mosltly grey with a
few colors here and there.  What am I doing wrong?

-Ed
gi...@clark.net

Re:Bitmaps mapped to a speedbutton problem

You probably created these bitmaps with a display driver set to > 256 =
colours, yes?

If so, then give up on ImageEdit and use PaintBrush, PaintShop Pro or =
any other bitmap editing tool, or reset your desktop to 16 or 256 =
colours whilst being creative.

For some reason Borland have never got to grips with high colour =
settings (64k colours or greater).  The long standing argument AFAIK is =
that it is actually a display driver problem, not a Borland problem, but =
I'm not convinced.

BTW:  Even if you have a set or perfect glyphs, the background colour of =
the bitmap on the button at runtime can often be mis-rendered in =
high-colour modes.

C'est la vie.  :-(

Ed Mittelstedt <gi...@clark.net> wrote in article =
<5b3hcc$...@clarknet.clark.net>...

> I created some 18x18 bitmaps that I would like to use on speedbuttons.
> However, when I stick them in, there appears to be something wrong
> with the pallete.  I created them using the Delphi Image Editor and
> they 16 colors.  In the button the bitmaps  are mosltly grey with a
> few colors here and there.  What am I doing wrong?
>=20
> -Ed
> gi...@clark.net
>=20

Re:Bitmaps mapped to a speedbutton problem

Ed,
  This is just a suggestion but it might solve your problem.  Try opening
you bitmaps with Delphi 1.0's Image Editor and resave them.  Now re-compile
and see what happens.  For some reason (I have no idea) Delphi 2.0's
SpeedButtons don't seem to like BitMaps generated with it's (Delphi 2.0's)
Image Editor (or with Win 95's PBrush).  It doesn't seem to have the same
problem with bitmaps generated with a 16-bit program.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Ed Mittelstedt <gi...@clark.net> wrote in article
<5b3hcc$...@clarknet.clark.net>...

> I created some 18x18 bitmaps that I would like to use on speedbuttons.
> However, when I stick them in, there appears to be something wrong
> with the pallete.  I created them using the Delphi Image Editor and
> they 16 colors.  In the button the bitmaps  are mosltly grey with a
> few colors here and there.  What am I doing wrong?

> -Ed
> gi...@clark.net

Other Threads