status bar or caption bar on totally fullscreen form in Delphi 6

Hello
My app (which is comming along quite nicely) must be totally full screen, I
use form1.left := 0, form1.width := screen.width, etc.
I set the BorderStyle property to None and it all works 100%

I need to have either the caption bar or some kind of status bar on the top
of the form, above the menus, but I also must have it be completely
full-screen and NOT resizable or anything like that, just like with
Borderstyle is None.
But whenever I have a captionbar (if borderstyle is Simple for example) and
I try setting my form to full-screen, the Windows 98 SE Taskbar shows at the
bottom and the form will not overlap it. I have additionally tried hiding
the taskbar, and all that I accomplish with that is a form with a
Taskbar-sized hole at the bottom where the Windows background shows and my
form unable to cover it no matter what I do.

My question is, In Delphi 6, is there a way to have either a Captionbar like
I asked above, or better yet, is there a way to make either a status bar or
a Panel that I could put a label on that could appear ABOVE the main menu?

In other words, I need some kind of text display that appears ABOVE the main
menu, just like the Caption bar does, on a totally fullscreen, nonresizable
form. Now, my main form is nice and fullscreen and nonresizable, but I need
some kind of text display above the menus.

I am sorry for being so long0winded, but everythere I look no one seems to
know anything. Can anyone help?
I am using Delphi 6.

Thank you,

Gino

Re:status bar or caption bar on totally fullscreen form in Delphi 6

Use a TPanel as a Caption ?=

Other Threads