Translating a Delphi application

Hi,

We are a translation agency. One of our clients wants to localize a software
he developped with Delphi. My question is: how to do that? Is it possible to
export the translatable text into some Office application (Word, Excel, even
a text file) and then import the translated file back into Delphi?
The client said he found an option to export the text as an XML file. Is it
possible to edit an XML file and then import it back into Delphi? If yes,
what tool should we use to edit it and how can we import back the translated
file into Delphi.
This is very urgent.
Please reply in private to s.bec...@online.fr.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Sverine BECSEI

Re:Translating a Delphi application

Hi,

we made good experince with www.multilizer.com.
Of course your client has to buy this software and integrate it into their
development.
But this is very easy and let them produce text files for you.

Regards

Sam

Sverine BECSEI schrieb in Nachricht ...

>Hi,

>We are a translation agency. One of our clients wants to localize a
software
>he developped with Delphi. My question is: how to do that? Is it possible
>export the translatable text into some Office application (Word, Excel,
even
>a text file) and then import the translated file back into Delphi?
>The client said he found an option to export the text as an XML file. Is it
>possible to edit an XML file and then import it back into Delphi? If yes,
>what tool should we use to edit it and how can we import back the
translated
>file into Delphi.
>This is very urgent.
>Please reply in private to s.bec...@online.fr.

>Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

>Sverine BECSEI

Re:Translating a Delphi application

Many thanks to Roger, Judy Ann, Ruud, Samuel, Babak, David, Alan and Rene
for your kind answers.

I finally found a solution: Delphi 5 includes a translation module that
allows you to export the translatable text into a XML file which can easily
be edited in any text editor. You then only have to import the translated
text into Delphi and use the translation module to obtain translated source
codes.
For those interested in the process, don't hesitate to contact me.

Sverine

Other Threads