Sending Email message to default Mail Client Outbox with API call

Is there any way to assemble a message and place it in the Outbox of the
Default Mail client eg Outlook Express so that it gets send with the next
Send and Recieve of that mail Client. The reason why we want to use that in
stead of something like a Indy component is that when the SMTP server is not
available our application hangs. The ormal Mail Client will buffer untill
the mail server is available again.

Your help will be very much appreciated

Christo

Re:Sending Email message to default Mail Client Outbox with API call

Why don't you just add logic to your Indy app to handle a failure?
You could use a try except and if the send fails store it in a database blob
field for sending later.

You could use the open source version of interbase or even a DBF or
Flashfiler etc.

Tony Caduto

"Christo Bothma" <chri...@internet.co.za> wrote in message

> Is there any way to assemble a message and place it in the Outbox of the
> Default Mail client eg Outlook Express so that it gets send with the next
> Send and Recieve of that mail Client. The reason why we want to use that
in
> stead of something like a Indy component is that when the SMTP server is
not
> available our application hangs. The ormal Mail Client will buffer untill
> the mail server is available again.

> Your help will be very much appreciated

> Christo

Re:Sending Email message to default Mail Client Outbox with API call

> Is there any way to assemble a message and place it in the Outbox of the
> Default Mail client eg Outlook Express so that it gets send with the next
> Send and Recieve of that mail Client.

If you want to use the Outlook outbox, you'll have to use the Outlook COM
object (once Informant magazine had an article on this one) or use MAPI
(TEmail -available on Torry- is a good one).

> stead of something like a Indy component is that when the SMTP server is
not
> available our application hangs. The ormal Mail Client will buffer untill
> the mail server is available again.

It is a complete different approach. Maybe both should be supported by an
application and have the users decide which one to use.

Gert

Other Threads