simple client-server web database example

We have a large intranet here.  I have access to a server with execute
priviledge.  I want to put a database on the server and access it from a
client web page.  What is the easiest way to do this with Delphi5?  BDE?
ADO? MIDAS? Interbase? InternetExpress? Confused?  YES!  I downloaded
Delphi5 trial and every client/server demo has failed.  I've searched
Borland Community for 3 days and haven't gotten anything to work.  Can
anybody point me to a SIMPLE example that works?

Re:simple client-server web database example

Yay, I think Client/Server only works on Enterprise Edition. To do web page
stuff, you can use InternetExpress package. You can choose the way to access
data (Interbase, Access, SQL2000, Paradox, etc.), whether it's BDE, ADO,
BDE+MIDAS, ADO+MIDAS. The samples are working fine if you have Enterprise
Edition.

- JC

"hanowski" <hanow...@ast.lmco.com> wrote in message

> We have a large intranet here.  I have access to a server with execute
> priviledge.  I want to put a database on the server and access it from a
> client web page.  What is the easiest way to do this with Delphi5?  BDE?
> ADO? MIDAS? Interbase? InternetExpress? Confused?  YES!  I downloaded
> Delphi5 trial and every client/server demo has failed.  I've searched
> Borland Community for 3 days and haven't gotten anything to work.  Can
> anybody point me to a SIMPLE example that works?

Other Threads