Blobs > 32kB

Hi *,

The following code fragment works with file sizes less than 32 kB.

with query do begin
  Open;
  Insert;
  tBlobField(FieldByName('xxx')).LoadFromFile('yyy');
  post;
end;

A file size > 32k throws the following exception: "Invalid Blob-size"
Which screws have I to turn that files with size > 32k will be loaded?

Environment:
Delphi5 client program
Oracle8 server database
Database access with ADO + ODBC (Sequelink)

Thanks
Jrgen

--
mailto:Juergen.Kirch...@pdb.sbs.de

Re:Blobs > 32kB

I'm waiting... ;-)

too simple, too extraordinary, too confuse, too {*word*118} or what?

My experience is that questions older than 3 days will never be
answered.

 ( O      //
     ==- ((
 ( O      \\

Jrgen Kirchner wrote:

> Hi *,

> The following code fragment works with file sizes less than 32 kB.

> with query do begin
>   Open;
>   Insert;
>   tBlobField(FieldByName('xxx')).LoadFromFile('yyy');
>   post;
> end;

> A file size > 32k throws the following exception: "Invalid Blob-size"
> Which screws have I to turn that files with size > 32k will be loaded?

> Environment:
> Delphi5 client program
> Oracle8 server database
> Database access with ADO + ODBC (Sequelink)

> Thanks
> Jrgen

> --
> mailto:Juergen.Kirch...@pdb.sbs.de