Download table from mySQL with Dial-Up

I need to write a program that downloads tables from a mySQL server. I
figure it needs to do it through Telnet. If anyone can point me to a good
tutorial covering this, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Dusten

Re:Download table from mySQL with Dial-Up

Hi Dusten,

If you have mySQL installed on the local machine you can run a "mysqldump" to
bring all
or selected tables from the host machine to your locall machine.
You can test this by creating a batch file and trying it manually first.
Then execute the batch file from your Delphi program.

Regards,

Nick

Dusten wrote:
> I need to write a program that downloads tables from a mySQL server. I
> figure it needs to do it through Telnet. If anyone can point me to a good
> tutorial covering this, that would be extremely helpful.

> Thanks
> Dusten

Re:Download table from mySQL with Dial-Up

Hey, I think I figured it out. All I'm going to do is write a PHP function
that writes all the data to a CSV file. Hopefully this won't take too
long... I don't have mySQL installed on my machine.

Thanks anyway
Dusten

Nick Tentomas <Ntent...@CSBFACMGT.CSBFM.DAL.CA> wrote in message

> Hi Dusten,

> If you have mySQL installed on the local machine you can run a "mysqldump"
> bring all
> or selected tables from the host machine to your locall machine.
> You can test this by creating a batch file and trying it manually first.
> Then execute the batch file from your Delphi program.

> Regards,

> Nick

> Dusten wrote:

> > I need to write a program that downloads tables from a mySQL server. I
> > figure it needs to do it through Telnet. If anyone can point me to a
good
> > tutorial covering this, that would be extremely helpful.

> > Thanks
> > Dusten

Other Threads