MS SQL 7.0 and Delphi 4 - stored procedures

We have just installed MS SQL 7.0, using Delphi 4, but get error messages
when trying to connect to existing Stored procedures ('Could note find
stored procedure <name>'). This seems to be because Delphi is looking for a
sysprocedures table, but this has been removed in SQL 7.0 and replaced by
syscomments table. How do I get round this? Help!!

Re:MS SQL 7.0 and Delphi 4 - stored procedures

ptickler,

   Upgrade to BDE 5.10.  It has the latest SQL links for MSSQL 7.0.

Good luck,
krf

ptickler wrote:

> We have just installed MS SQL 7.0, using Delphi 4, but get error messages
> when trying to connect to existing Stored procedures ('Could note find
> stored procedure <name>'). This seems to be because Delphi is looking for a
> sysprocedures table, but this has been removed in SQL 7.0 and replaced by
> syscomments table. How do I get round this? Help!!

Your problem is likely to be that your StoredProcedureName is set to
dbo.xxx;1.  Apparently, the SQL 7 driver {*word*88}s on the ";1" part, just
remove it and see if it works then.

HTH,
Wayne
--
Bogus email address - use wgshef instead, keep the domain.

Other Threads