Saving/restoring window state for docked windows

How do I store a state for a docked window (position, size etc) and how do I
restore it when the application launches? For normal windows the size,
position and visible state is important, but I assume that there are a lot
more to do to restore the appearance of a main window with several docked
windows.

Any ideas anybody?

Regards
Johan Arthursson

Re:Saving/restoring window state for docked windows

-Use the parent property of the dockable control to determine where the control
is docked.
-Use the Left, Top, Bottom, Right properties of the dockable control to the
save position if it is floating,
  i.e. you can't find a valid parent.
-Save these values into the regitry
-Use ManualDock and ManualFloat to restore the docking position on startup

Enjoy,

Mike.

Gennady Nedores wrote:
> Hello Johan.

> I have same problem and I search for way of its decision. Please e-mail me
> or answer to mewsgroup,
> if you found solution.
> As soon as I will find decision I also inform about this.

> Thanks in advance.

> Gennady.

> Johan Arthursson wrote in message <7i16lk$h...@forums.borland.com>...

> >How do I store a state for a docked window (position, size etc) and how do
> >restore it when the application launches? For normal windows the size,
> >position and visible state is important, but I assume that there are a lot
> >more to do to restore the appearance of a main window with several docked
> >windows.

> >Any ideas anybody?

> >Regards
> >Johan Arthursson

Re:Saving/restoring window state for docked windows

Hello Johan.

I have same problem and I search for way of its decision. Please e-mail me
or answer to mewsgroup,
if you found solution.
As soon as I will find decision I also inform about this.

Thanks in advance.

Gennady.

Johan Arthursson wrote in message <7i16lk$h...@forums.borland.com>...

>How do I store a state for a docked window (position, size etc) and how do
>restore it when the application launches? For normal windows the size,
>position and visible state is important, but I assume that there are a lot
>more to do to restore the appearance of a main window with several docked
>windows.

>Any ideas anybody?

>Regards
>Johan Arthursson