Why use a different Spell Checker?

II have been trying out the Visual Speller spell checker that ships with
Delphi 3.0.  It seems to do all the things I need, even though it is a
"Light" version.

I also see a lot of postings of people asking for the best spell checkers to
use.  My question is Why?  What are the shortcomings of the included Spell
Check component?  I assume they must be there, I just have'nt hit them yet.

Thanks for any feedback

Doug Farmer
d...@roisysinc.com

Re:Why use a different Spell Checker?

Doug -

The free spell checker doesn't allow custom dictionaries.

--
Ray Novak
Kallista, Inc.

Doug Farmer <d...@roisysinc.com> wrote in article
<6ep13d$5...@forums.borland.com>...

> II have been trying out the Visual Speller spell checker that ships with
> Delphi 3.0.  It seems to do all the things I need, even though it is a
> "Light" version.

> I also see a lot of postings of people asking for the best spell checkers
> use.  My question is Why?  What are the shortcomings of the included
Spell
> Check component?  I assume they must be there, I just have'nt hit them
yet.

> Thanks for any feedback

> Doug Farmer
> d...@roisysinc.com

Re:Why use a different Spell Checker?

What is the procedure to get the VsSpell to run?  I am guessing you have to
pass the memo component as a parameter.  I did not see anthing on the list
that looked intuitive for me to fire up the component.

Thanks,

David

Other Threads