EDBEngineError in BDEADMIN.EXE

Pls help

Whenever I try to do anything with my BDE - I receive the following error:

"Exception EDBEngineError in module BDEADMIN.EXE at 00054F92.
An error occured while attemping to initialize the Borland Database Engine
(error $3E06)."

I have tried to remove the entire BDE installation - including the registry,
but after reinstalling the BDE I just receive the same message again.  The
BDE is version 5.01.22, but I have also tried to upgrade this one to version
5.10 and 5.11 - but it didn't change anything.

Pls send me some help - because i'm lost for good!!!

Thanks
Ulrik Mueller
email:u...@icgruppen.dk

Re:EDBEngineError in BDEADMIN.EXE

The error message is "cannot load language driver". You might try
uninstalling and reinstalling the BDE.

--
Bill

Re:EDBEngineError in BDEADMIN.EXE

I know that the problem might relates to the language driver - but since I
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times - my only choice is
to try to get help thourgh the newsgroups.

The only thing i havn't tried is to reformat the entire system - and i hope
that this is not the final answer.

How do i locate and change the language driver - s? that i can get the
system up running ?

Regards
Ulrik

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> The error message is "cannot load language driver". You might try
> uninstalling and reinstalling the BDE.

> --
> Bill

Re:EDBEngineError in BDEADMIN.EXE

Try renaming your BDE configuration file then start BDE Administrator and
create a new configuration file. You specify the language driver under
Configuration | System | Init.

--
Bill

Other Threads