MSAccess and Blobs

Hi,
D6 Ent. ADO MSAccess appliction.  Couple of queries:
Storing Images (Photos):  possible to store JPegs?
Running query on existing data with a Bitmap stored in one of the field the
message "Invalid Bitmap Image" pops up?

Last but not least, never used MS-Access as backend database for storing
blob data, what do I need be aware of?

Any help is appreciated.

Re:MSAccess and Blobs

>D6 Ent. ADO MSAccess appliction.  Couple of queries:
>Storing Images (Photos):  possible to store JPegs?
>Running query on existing data with a Bitmap stored in one of the field the
>message "Invalid Bitmap Image" pops up?

Are you trying to use a TdbImage component?  That component expects a graphic in
bmp format.

>Last but not least, never used MS-Access as backend database for storing
>blob data, what do I need be aware of?

Access stored graphics in Ole fields but it also stores the ole server
information along with the graphic.  If you need to use the databse with Access
this will be a problem.  There are a few articles around on dealing with this
format and a 3rd party control or two that handles Ole field type in Access
Here is a URL for one of them
http://www.opus.ch/OpenSource/DBOLE/Default.htm

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:MSAccess and Blobs

See the "Graphics" question somewhere upwards.
I posted there the code for storing and loading JPegs with Access into BLOB
fields

"AZ" <xtc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:3d21ab20$1_2@dnews...
> Hi,
> D6 Ent. ADO MSAccess appliction.  Couple of queries:
> Storing Images (Photos):  possible to store JPegs?
> Running query on existing data with a Bitmap stored in one of the field
the
> message "Invalid Bitmap Image" pops up?

> Last but not least, never used MS-Access as backend database for storing
> blob data, what do I need be aware of?

> Any help is appreciated.

Other Threads