External exception C000006

Hi,

     I use D5 and dBase files (7.x) and with one application (installed at
about 40 sites), the application occasionally receive an External Exception
C000006 which hangs the machine.  This only happens at 1 site out of the 40
and I think it is probably a network server or card error, but I wanted to
see if anyone else has received this error and if so, what the source was.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Thrapp
Software Consulting Associates

Re:External exception C000006

I am using:

Delphi 5
MS SQL 7
Windows 2000

I thought I was the only one.  I occasionally get this error too, although I
have no answers or solution.  I do know that usually after I get this error
I am then disconnected from our network until I reboot.

Also, it usually happens after a query has been sent to the server.

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:47:54 -0500, "Mike Thrapp" <mi...@sca-corp.com>
wrote:

>     I use D5 and dBase files (7.x) and with one application (installed at
>about 40 sites), the application occasionally receive an External Exception
>C000006 which hangs the machine.  This only happens at 1 site out of the 40
>and I think it is probably a network server or card error, but I wanted to
>see if anyone else has received this error and if so, what the source was.

Mike,

If you have the .exe installed on the network, it is more than likely
a network problem.  The problem can occur when Windows is trying to
reload part of the .exe and it is not immediately available due to
network problems.

Jan

Other Threads