QuickReport doesn't print properly what is previewed

Hello,

Delphi 5 and strandard Quickreport. After migrating from Paradox tables to
Interbasebase I notice that some reports which are previewed
(QuickRep1.preview;) don't reflect on print what is on screen. For example
when there are some groupings on several pages, only one page is printed
which groups records strangely. The selection is made through a TIBQuery
component. On the other hand, if instead of  previewing, I print
directly(QuickRep1.print;) everything is OK. I can't see where is my error.
Could somebody help ?

Thanks. Antoine

Re:QuickReport doesn't print properly what is previewed

"kin" <a...@data-power-ce.com> wrote in message news:3d130e67$1_2@dnews...
> Hello,

> Delphi 5 and strandard Quickreport. After migrating from Paradox tables to
> Interbasebase I notice that some reports which are previewed
> (QuickRep1.preview;) don't reflect on print what is on screen. For example
> when there are some groupings on several pages, only one page is printed
> which groups records strangely. The selection is made through a TIBQuery
> component. On the other hand, if instead of  previewing, I print
> directly(QuickRep1.print;) everything is OK. I can't see where is my
error.
> Could somebody help ?

> Thanks. Antoine

I have had a situation where something looks great when you preview first,
then {*word*99} if it prints afterwords, but ok if you print first.

The problem turned out to be a logical error in my code where I was changing
variables onbeforeprints of detail bands etc. but then not resetting the
variables in the onbeforeprint of the report.  This meant that for each
SUBSEQUENT print of the report it got progressively out further.

Sounds like you are having a similar problem?

HTH

Josh

Re:QuickReport doesn't print properly what is previewed

Yes Josh, I think that you describe exactly my problem. I am going to review
my code.

Many thanks.  Antoine

> I have had a situation where something looks great when you preview first,
> then {*word*99} if it prints afterwords, but ok if you print first.

> The problem turned out to be a logical error in my code where I was
changing
> variables onbeforeprints of detail bands etc. but then not resetting the
> variables in the onbeforeprint of the report.  This meant that for each
> SUBSEQUENT print of the report it got progressively out further.

> Sounds like you are having a similar problem?

> HTH

> Josh

Other Threads