Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0

I have recently been involved with converting a fairly large client/server
application written in Delphi 2 to Delphi 4, and MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL
Server 7.0. For our reports we use Crystal 6.0. These reports work correctly
against the SQL Server 6.5 version of the database, but when i try and run
the reports against the SQL Server 7.0 I get this message:

'ODBC error: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid date format'

Has anyone come across this problem or heard of it? Can anyone confirm that
Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0 are compatible?

Many thanks

Leigh Tilley
ICOS
London