Frames.

Does anyone know how I can create a frame from within a DLL and then
display the frame in a main form of a calling program?

Cheers,
--
Rod Hulme
Agricultural Business Research Institute (ABRI)

Re:Frames.

The API SetParent can re-parent just about anything - I am not sure
what the 'risks' are - it seems to easy for it to be risk free.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:13:09 +1000, Rod Hulme

"J French" <je...@iss.u-net.com> skrev i melding

> The API SetParent can re-parent just about anything - I am not sure
> what the 'risks' are - it seems to easy for it to be risk free.

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:13:09 +1000, Rod Hulme
> <rod.hu...@abri.une.edu.au> wrote:

> >Does anyone know how I can create a frame from within a DLL and then
> >display the frame in a main form of a calling program?

With VCL controls, use the Parent property instead. If you set Parent through
the WinAPI, then you're out of 'sync'...having a parent control that is not a
WindowParent. in Windows' sense.

--
Bjoerge Saether
Consultant / Developer

Re:Frames.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:47:46 +0200, "Bj?rge S?ther"

<REMOVE_bsaether@THIS_online.no> wrote:
>"J French" <je...@iss.u-net.com> skrev i melding
>> The API SetParent can re-parent just about anything - I am not sure
>> what the 'risks' are - it seems to easy for it to be risk free.

>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:13:09 +1000, Rod Hulme
>> <rod.hu...@abri.une.edu.au> wrote:

>> >Does anyone know how I can create a frame from within a DLL and then
>> >display the frame in a main form of a calling program?

>With VCL controls, use the Parent property instead. If you set Parent through
>the WinAPI, then you're out of 'sync'...having a parent control that is not a
>WindowParent. in Windows' sense.

Thanks - I smelt a rat in there - and was hoping someone would flush
it out for me.

>--
>Bjoerge Saether
>Consultant / Developer