Board index » delphi » Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.

Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.

Why hello all.

I was using D6Ent and indy 8.0.

I wanted to include the resume function in my ftp app so I upgraded to
Indy 9.2 and also install the sevice pack/update.

Now after doing all that I felt happy and decided to go work on my app.
Now I'm come to find out that this annoying error still exists.
I'm a bit aggitated right now and I want to know what could be done
about this bug.

The AV occurs here: {AV}

procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus);
begin
   DoStatus(AStatus, []);
end;

procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus; const aaArgs: array
of const);
begin
   if assigned(OnStatus) then begin
     OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], aaArgs)); {AV}
   end;
end;

++++++++++++++++++++++
+!!!!!!!!!|!!!!!!!!!!+
+!!'''''''|''''''''!!+
+!!'HELP  | PLEASE'!!+
+!!'HELP  | PLEASE'!!+
+!!'HELP  | PLEASE'!!+
+!!'HELP  | PLEASE'!!+
+'''''''''|''''''''!!+
+!!!!!!!!!|'''!!!!!!!+
++++++++++++++++++++++
            \\
             \\
              \\
  |||||  ||||||||| ||||||||||  ||||||||||||  ||||||   ||||||
||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||||| |||||||||||| |||||||| ||||||||
|||        |||    |||     ||| |||          |||      |||
  |||||     |||    |||||||||   |||||||||||   ||||||   |||||||
     |||    |||    ||||||||    |||               |||       |||
|||||||    |||    |||   ||||  |||||||||||| ||||||||  ||||||||
  |||||     |||    |||    |||| ||||||||||||  ||||||    ||||||

Thanks

 

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


Quote
"Daynier" <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

news:3C1FF154.1010103@bellsouth.net...

Quote
> I wanted to include the resume function in my ftp app so I upgraded to
> Indy 9.2 and also install the sevice pack/update.
> Now after doing all that I felt happy and decided to go work on my app.
> Now I'm come to find out that this annoying error still exists.
> I'm a bit aggitated right now and I want to know what could be done
> about this bug.

The absolute latest version of the beta source is available at
ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com.  This includes the fix for the bug you
mentioned (and a lot of others too).  You can download files from there, or
simply change:

Quote
> procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus;
>     const aaArgs: array of const);
> begin
>    if assigned(OnStatus) then begin
>      OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], aaArgs)); {AV}
>    end;
> end;

to read:

procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus;
    const aaArgs: array of const);
begin
  if assigned(OnStatus) then
  begin
    if Length(aaArgs)=0 then
      OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], ['']))
    else
      OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], aaArgs));
  end;
end;

hth...

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


Team Indy.

I still have the same problem after trying you second solution, and the
first solution adds more problems as the units from
ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com are unable to be compiled due to
multiple errors, its going to take a some time fix those.

Is there another way to fix the AV?

Thanks.

Don Siders - Team Indy wrote:

Quote
> "Daynier" <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:3C1FF154.1010103@bellsouth.net...

>>I wanted to include the resume function in my ftp app so I upgraded to
>>Indy 9.2 and also install the sevice pack/update.

>>Now after doing all that I felt happy and decided to go work on my app.
>>Now I'm come to find out that this annoying error still exists.
>>I'm a bit aggitated right now and I want to know what could be done
>>about this bug.

> The absolute latest version of the beta source is available at
> ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com.  This includes the fix for the bug you
> mentioned (and a lot of others too).  You can download files from there, or
> simply change:

>>procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus;
>>    const aaArgs: array of const);
>>begin
>>   if assigned(OnStatus) then begin
>>     OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], aaArgs)); {AV}
>>   end;
>>end;

> to read:

> procedure TIdComponent.DoStatus(AStatus: TIdStatus;
>     const aaArgs: array of const);
> begin
>   if assigned(OnStatus) then
>   begin
>     if Length(aaArgs)=0 then
>       OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], ['']))
>     else
>       OnStatus(Self, AStatus, Format(IdStati[AStatus], aaArgs));
>   end;
> end;

> hth...

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


Quote
"Daynier" <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

news:3C21B3A1.1060205@bellsouth.net...

Daynier:

Quote
> I still have the same problem after trying you second solution, and the
> first solution adds more problems as the units from
> ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com are unable to be compiled due to
> multiple errors, its going to take a some time fix those.

I just downloaded and re-installed the source from the FTP server.  I do not
get any errors during installation or running the FTP Demo, or my apps that
use the FTP OnStatus event handler with no arguments.

Quote
> Is there another way to fix the AV?

If you're still getting the same exception, then the newest source is not
installed.

If using D6, did you uninstall using the MSI (un)installer?   Are you by any
chance using XP with the System Restore option enabled?

Does anyone else still have this problem?

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


"Don Siders - Team Indy" <side...@att.net> wrote in message
news:3c222f03$1_2@dnews...

Quote

> "Daynier" <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:3C21B3A1.1060205@bellsouth.net...

> Daynier:

> > I still have the same problem after trying you second solution, and the
> > first solution adds more problems as the units from
> > ftp://indy90:ind...@ftp.nevrona.com are unable to be compiled due to
> > multiple errors, its going to take a some time fix those.

> I just downloaded and re-installed the source from the FTP server.  I do
not
> get any errors during installation or running the FTP Demo, or my apps
that
> use the FTP OnStatus event handler with no arguments.

> > Is there another way to fix the AV?

> If you're still getting the same exception, then the newest source is not
> installed.

> If using D6, did you uninstall using the MSI (un)installer?   Are you by
any
> chance using XP with the System Restore option enabled?

I am using D6 with the update as I was told to do.
Yes, I did use the MSI uninstaller to remove the included one from the
setup. I even tried not installing it in the first place.
No, I'm not using XP. W2KPro is preferred with SP1 & 2.

I was having the same problem with betas 9.00-9.02.
I had to cut some things from 9.00 to use in my ftp.
Oh all the time it was the same exception. btw 8.0 works fine.

Its limited to the ftp as far as I have seen. Everything else works fine.

Quote
> Does anyone else still have this problem?

The same problem occurs on my mom's computer, except it has XP.

Daynier
hth.

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


"Daynier Brown" <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in news:3c230d94$1_2@dnews:

Quote
> I was having the same problem with betas 9.00-9.02.

9.02 is an old beta as well, the FTP / VCS contains much newer code. In additon the line of code to change
has been posted here several times.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

IntraWeb - True RAD Development for the web!
FinalBuilder - Automate your build process with visual scripting!
  Both at http://www.AToZedSoftware.com

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


Team Indy Thanks.

I got it working after deleting all of beta 9.02 files and just using
the files from the ftp.

btw the suggested method of changing the code didn't aid in solving the
problem.

Thanks once more Team Indy.

Re:Indy OnStatus AV getting in my nerves.


Daynier <dayn...@bellsouth.net> wrote in news:3C24066A.5090101@bellsouth.net:

Quote
> I got it working after deleting all of beta 9.02 files and just using
> the files from the ftp.

You probably had duplicate files then.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
      "Programming is an art form that fights back"

IntraWeb - True RAD Development for the web!
FinalBuilder - Automate your build process with visual scripting!
  Both at http://www.AToZedSoftware.com

Other Threads