MS SQLSERVER NCHAR not seen in dbgrid

D5 E   BDE 5.01  MS-SQLSERVER 7
Hello
From within SQL explorer or dbgrid I cannot see the column defined as NCHAR
or NVARCHAR in MSSQLSERVER 7
I mean not only the content of a column, but the column itself !!
When I use an ADO environment, I can see all the data OK
As I'm migrating from pdx, I would like to make as few possible changes in
code as possible, and use the already defined tables and queries, adding
only "dbo." to the tablename.
TIA   Gil Yoktan

Re:MS SQLSERVER NCHAR not seen in dbgrid

> From within SQL explorer or dbgrid I cannot see the column defined as
NCHAR
> or NVARCHAR in MSSQLSERVER 7
> I mean not only the content of a column, but the column itself !!
> When I use an ADO environment, I can see all the data OK
> As I'm migrating from pdx, I would like to make as few possible changes in
> code as possible, and use the already defined tables and queries, adding
> only "dbo." to the tablename.

The BDE cannot see NCHAR and NVARCHAR fields since Microsoft did not provide
the facility to do so in their native DB-LIB libraries.  If you want to use
them, you will need to use ADO, or switch to CHAR and VARCHAR.  Unless you
plan to use UNICHAR fields, CHAR and VARCHAR should do you fine.

There is no need to add dbo. to table names, as this is the default that
Microsoft will use if it is missing.

Oliver

Re:MS SQLSERVER NCHAR not seen in dbgrid

Thanks Oliver
I'll have to use NCHAR, because I use Unicode data, so I'll have to use ADO,
or switch to SQL-SERVER 200, as it has been said that it can support foreign
language (Hebrew for myself) without using NCHAR

Other Threads