Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

Does anybody know of any alternate video drivers for NT OS so my Delphi
VCL's will display properly in Delphi?

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

"Lance Sledge" <Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:
>Does anybody know of any alternate video drivers for NT OS so my Delphi
>VCL's will display properly in Delphi?

Hi Lance.

It might help if we knew which video card you had ;-)
however

http://www.winfiles.com/drivers/video.html

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

S3 Trio Video card...sorry about that..
Chris Roberts wrote in message <36afb3bc.4348...@forums.inprise.com>...
>"Lance Sledge" <Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:

>>Does anybody know of any alternate video drivers for NT OS so my Delphi
>>VCL's will display properly in Delphi?

>Hi Lance.

>It might help if we knew which video card you had ;-)
>however

>http://www.winfiles.com/drivers/video.html

>Regards,
>Chris Roberts

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

You can try the standard list of workarounds for the ImageList bug that
is in many S3 video drivers.

Try these

1) Get the latest driver (www.s3.com or your vendor if your vendors
doesn't work, try the S3 as they tend to be more compliant)
2) Start Delphi with the -ns switch
3) Under the [display] section of the SYSTEM.INI file
add the following line
    BusThrottle=1 (reboot afterwards)
4) Reboot in safe mode and start Delphi.  Goto the properties of the
component pallet and hide all the controls that you rarely use.  This
will reduce the imagelist that is getting built and might get you under
the threshold.
5) reduce the hardware acceleration for the card.
(display->properties->settings->advances->performance)
6) play with color depth/resolution  1024x768 in 16 bit color seems the
worse (particularly with Delphi 3).
7) Get the latest DirectX drivers.

Under NT several of these are not applicable, like the Hardware
acceleration is not available IIRC.  Under NT I'd start with 1,2 and 6.

Jeff Overcash

Lance Sledge wrote:

> S3 Trio Video card...sorry about that..

> Chris Roberts wrote in message <36afb3bc.4348...@forums.inprise.com>...
> >"Lance Sledge" <Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:

> >>Does anybody know of any alternate video drivers for NT OS so my Delphi
> >>VCL's will display properly in Delphi?

> >Hi Lance.

> >It might help if we knew which video card you had ;-)
> >however

> >http://www.winfiles.com/drivers/video.html

> >Regards,
> >Chris Roberts

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

Just to let you know...I am not a Delphi Developer..so I am a little
confused about Starting Delphi with the -ns Switch...could somone please
describe to me how to do that, I would really appreciate it, Thanks!
Jeff Overcash wrote in message <36B08924.D619F...@onramp.net>...
>You can try the standard list of workarounds for the ImageList bug that
>is in many S3 video drivers.

>Try these

>1) Get the latest driver (www.s3.com or your vendor if your vendors
>doesn't work, try the S3 as they tend to be more compliant)
>2) Start Delphi with the -ns switch
>3) Under the [display] section of the SYSTEM.INI file
>add the following line
>    BusThrottle=1 (reboot afterwards)
>4) Reboot in safe mode and start Delphi.  Goto the properties of the
>component pallet and hide all the controls that you rarely use.  This
>will reduce the imagelist that is getting built and might get you under
>the threshold.
>5) reduce the hardware acceleration for the card.
>(display->properties->settings->advances->performance)
>6) play with color depth/resolution  1024x768 in 16 bit color seems the
>worse (particularly with Delphi 3).
>7) Get the latest DirectX drivers.

>Under NT several of these are not applicable, like the Hardware
>acceleration is not available IIRC.  Under NT I'd start with 1,2 and 6.

>Jeff Overcash

>Lance Sledge wrote:

>> S3 Trio Video card...sorry about that..

>> Chris Roberts wrote in message <36afb3bc.4348...@forums.inprise.com>...

>> >Hi Lance.

>> >It might help if we knew which video card you had ;-)
>> >however

>> >http://www.winfiles.com/drivers/video.html

>> >Regards,
>> >Chris Roberts

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

-ns turns off the splash screen.  This frees up some internal memory for
the video driver and raises the upper limit to where the ImageList has
to switch from internal memory to main memory which is the real
problem.  Just right click on the shortcut you use to start Delphi and
add -ns to the end of the command line protion.

Jeff Overcash

Lance Sledge wrote:

> Just to let you know...I am not a Delphi Developer..so I am a little
> confused about Starting Delphi with the -ns Switch...could somone please
> describe to me how to do that, I would really appreciate it, Thanks!

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

It is telling me that its not a valid shortcut...this is what I did..
"E:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi 2.0\BIN\DELPHI32.EXE -ns"

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:24:19 -0600, "Lance Sledge"

<Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:
>It is telling me that its not a valid shortcut...this is what I did..
>"E:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi 2.0\BIN\DELPHI32.EXE -ns"

Move the -ns outside of the quotation marks.

-Steve

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

I tried that too...and it opened Delphi and I got the error message...Cannot
find NS.dpr....can I download this from some place...I did a search for it
and still could not find it..
Steve Schafer (TeamB) wrote in message <36c1cc02.84435...@90.0.0.40>...
>On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:24:19 -0600, "Lance Sledge"
><Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:

>>It is telling me that its not a valid shortcut...this is what I did..
>>"E:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi 2.0\BIN\DELPHI32.EXE -ns"

>Move the -ns outside of the quotation marks.

>-Steve

Re:Delphi 2.01 & NT Workstation

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:10:57 -0600, "Lance Sledge"

<Lance.Sle...@Siecor.com> wrote:
>I tried that too...and it opened Delphi and I got the error message...Cannot
>find NS.dpr.

That's because you omitted the hyphen. It should look like this:

 "E:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi 2.0\BIN\DELPHI32.EXE" -ns

>can I download this from some place

Download what? A technician to make the change on your computer? :)

Or are you asking where to download a new video driver? You should
check your video card vendor's web site. Another place to look is
www.winfiles.com.

-Steve

Other Threads