ACCESS : How to manage user accounts

This my first application with ACCESS 95 as database (usualy, we use
MS SQL Server). We are using Delphi 3 but we are fully newbies in
ACCESS.

I'd like to know how we can manage user accounts and rights. I've got
created my database with Power Designer ; when I connect to it, the
connection is established whatever I give as password and username.

I'd also like to distribute this application without the BDE
redistribution.

Does anybody know if it is possible ?

Thanks in adavance for *any* help.

    P-Mail / Slow-Mail            E-mail
    Jean-Michel CAZAUX            jmcaz...@imaginet.fr
    SNRI Soft                     SCO Unix Center
    Zone EURO 2000 - Batiment C   Sybase Var
    12, Av. de la Vistrenque      Intel Var
    30132 CAISSARGUES - France    (+33) 04 66 29 77 28 phone
                                  (+33) 04 66 29 73 45 fax

Re:ACCESS : How to manage user accounts

Accounts and rights are stored in a specific msaccess file (system.mda
or other
name with Access95). If you do not have MSAccess95 itself, it is not
very easy
to configure all this since you'll have to do everything
programmatically.
You need also to change your datafile because if you do want security,
you need
to relate them to a specific system.mda file.
It seems that your Jet Engine does look at the default system file, and
that your
datafile is created with the default configuration.
The default configuration allows full rights to every users.

If you happen to get rid of the BDE,
you may have to distribute Micro$oft Jet Engine instead...

Please e-mail me directly (in french) and I'll give you some more hints
and
documentations.

Pascal Blachier
Rousset (13), France.

Jean-Michel Cazaux wrote:

> This my first application with ACCESS 95 as database (usualy, we use
> MS SQL Server). We are using Delphi 3 but we are fully newbies in
> ACCESS.

> I'd like to know how we can manage user accounts and rights. I've got
> created my database with Power Designer ; when I connect to it, the
> connection is established whatever I give as password and username.

> I'd also like to distribute this application without the BDE
> redistribution.

> Does anybody know if it is possible ?

> Thanks in adavance for *any* help.

>     P-Mail / Slow-Mail            E-mail
>     Jean-Michel CAZAUX            jmcaz...@imaginet.fr
>     SNRI Soft                     SCO Unix Center
>     Zone EURO 2000 - Batiment C   Sybase Var
>     12, Av. de la Vistrenque      Intel Var
>     30132 CAISSARGUES - France    (+33) 04 66 29 77 28 phone
>                                   (+33) 04 66 29 73 45 fax

Other Threads