Board index » delphi » ReportSmith printed output 'black'

ReportSmith printed output 'black'

Help !!

When using reportsmith with Tquery Comp and paradox 7 tables via delphi
2 developer, reportsmith runs and displays fine, but when printed out to
a canon LBP-460 laser, pages come out completely black....any ideas ? my
customers going to hang me if I can get a solution to this one....

Regards

Adrian Hume

Vectis Software Technology Ltd
25 West St
Newport
Isle of Wight
UK

Tel +44 (0)1983 521273
Email : adr...@vstech.demon.co.uk

 

Re:ReportSmith printed output 'black'


On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:53:17 +0100, apricot

Quote
<adr...@vstech.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Help !!

>When using reportsmith with Tquery Comp and paradox 7 tables via delphi
>2 developer, reportsmith runs and displays fine, but when printed out to
>a canon LBP-460 laser, pages come out completely black....any ideas ? my
>customers going to hang me if I can get a solution to this one....

Move borders out of the page

Re:ReportSmith printed output 'black'


I'm not sure if this helps, but I encountered the same problem with my
reports, but only on the HP 5Lxtra.  I think, but didn't take the time to
determine for sure, that the problem was the 5Lxtra driver.  I had the
user load the HP4L driver and it went away (not really a solution, but it
bought me time).  I'd be interested in knowing if you find any answers to
the why.

Scott St.Cyr
saint...@aol.com

Re:ReportSmith printed output 'black'


Quote
On Tue, 08 Apr 1997 22:13:25 GMT, an631...@anon.penet.fi wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:53:17 +0100, apricot
><adr...@vstech.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Help !!

>>When using reportsmith with Tquery Comp and paradox 7 tables via delphi
>>2 developer, reportsmith runs and displays fine, but when printed out to
>>a canon LBP-460 laser, pages come out completely black....any ideas ? my
>>customers going to hang me if I can get a solution to this one....

>Move borders out of the page

I mean frames!

Re:ReportSmith printed output 'black'


Quote
On Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:50:21 GMT, an631...@anon.penet.fi wrote:
>On Tue, 08 Apr 1997 22:13:25 GMT, an631...@anon.penet.fi wrote:

>>On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 11:53:17 +0100, apricot
>><adr...@vstech.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Help !!

>>>When using reportsmith with Tquery Comp and paradox 7 tables via delphi
>>>2 developer, reportsmith runs and displays fine, but when printed out to
>>>a canon LBP-460 laser, pages come out completely black....any ideas ? my
>>>customers going to hang me if I can get a solution to this one....

>>Move borders out of the page

>I mean frames!

(I missed the first couple of posts)
Adrian, I assume that you have a report that looks fine on the screen,
but prints out a solid black page. This is a KNOWN PROBLEM with many
Microsoft printer drivers. Well, known to the entire development world
but unadmitted by Microsoft.

In our example, an MS Powerpoint slide was printed using an MS driver
on an HP LJ5. After we removed every single piece of non-MS software
from the system, they still didn't believe us. After a complete
ground-up rebuild on a standalone machine and a threat to cancel all
support contracts and change development tool supplier, they admitted
that it was a printer driver fault, and told us to "find another one".

You can sometime get around the problem by moving some of the elements
around the screen, but it's totally hit-and-miss.

Please 'mail me directly for further details.

Ha...@advsystems.demon.co.uk

Note: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily
represent the opinions of the opinionated person expressing the
opinion. Or something.

Other Threads