Can MS Access reports be run from Delphi?

Hello,

Does anyone know if Delphi can be used to do both of the following:

1) Select an option from a Delphi form and "prod" a local copy of MS
Access to start, open a specific MDB file, and run the selected
report.

2) Select a Delphi menu option that will open a specific MDB file in
MS Access and select the Repots Tab so that all the available reports
are listed.

I just need to know where to start looking for the way to do this.  I
don't know if MSA allows something like this to be done through
parameters in a command line, or if this should be done in OLE, Active
X, other...?

Thanks for your help.

Re:Can MS Access reports be run from Delphi?

4n...@worldnet.att.net (Bill Carson) wrote:
>Hello,
>Does anyone know if Delphi can be used to do both of the following:
>1) Select an option from a Delphi form and "prod" a local copy of MS
>Access to start, open a specific MDB file, and run the selected
>report.

Yes

>2) Select a Delphi menu option that will open a specific MDB file in
>MS Access and select the Repots Tab so that all the available reports
>are listed.
Yes
>I just need to know where to start looking for the way to do this.  I
>don't know if MSA allows something like this to be done through
>parameters in a command line, or if this should be done in OLE, Active
>X, other...?

We have done it using command line parameters and Registry entries.
>Thanks for your help.

Good luck

Greg Sutton
'I liked the old VB, My code never had to compile to work!'

Other Threads