Need a Smoothly Scrolled Image

I have an application which acquires a line scanned Xray Image ( 768 pixels
per 2 ms ).

 I need to provide a windowed or full screen, real time, smoothly scrolling
image. This was relatively easy to do in DOS by changing the graphics
adaptor frame pointer but can a similar approach be used using Delphi/Win32?

Any hardware/software suggestions/references will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Arthur

Re:Need a Smoothly Scrolled Image

Arthur,

If you are acquiring at 500 lines per second, your display is going to be
scrolling off the screen every two seconds (or so).  I would guess at having
a circular buffer into which new lines are written, and using Direct-X to
swap between two display buffers each being filled in the display time of
the other.  You might be able to get 60 frames/second doing that.  Even so,
you would still be scrollling 8 lines between each frame.

Just a first guess!

David

"Arthur Richards" <sen...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> I have an application which acquires a line scanned Xray Image ( 768
pixels
> per 2 ms ).

>  I need to provide a windowed or full screen, real time, smoothly
scrolling
> image. This was relatively easy to do in DOS by changing the graphics
> adaptor frame pointer but can a similar approach be used using
Delphi/Win32?

> Any hardware/software suggestions/references will be most appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Arthur

Other Threads