How to convert MDIchild form to a normal form

Hi, I have a MDIchild form, that in some cases I have to use it as a normal
form. I want to showmodal the form.

It's easy, I create it (it's not autocreated), then change the formstyle to
fsnormal, change visible to false, and then ShowModal.

The problem is that in the screen I see the form as MDIchild, the it hides
and the shows again as modal. How can I hide the first appearance.

Can somebody help me?

Re:How to convert MDIchild form to a normal form

In article <3b2c8085_1@dnews>, Miguel Gomez wrote:
> Hi, I have a MDIchild form, that in some cases I have to use it as a normal
> form. I want to showmodal the form.

> It's easy, I create it (it's not autocreated), then change the formstyle to
> fsnormal, change visible to false, and then ShowModal.

> The problem is that in the screen I see the form as MDIchild, the it hides
> and the shows again as modal. How can I hide the first appearance.

The obvious approach would be to define the form as fsNormal at design-time.
You can then create it and set its style to fsMDIChild when you need to use
it as MDI child.

Re:How to convert MDIchild form to a normal form

Thanks.... it was obvious...

> The obvious approach would be to define the form as fsNormal at
design-time.
> You can then create it and set its style to fsMDIChild when you need to
use
> it as MDI child.

Other Threads