Strange happenings with Quick Report 3.0 and Delphi 4

Here's the deal. Create a new project. place a QuickRep object on the
new form. Now put a dataset object and Query object on the table (write
a simple query for this example) and connect them to the QuickRep
object.

Now put a groupheader, detail and groupfooter on the QuickRep and some
labels and dataaware components.

Run the program. You may get an error, you may not.

Now get back to the programming environment (Run|Program Reset).

Now, just for the heck of it shrink the windows taskbar and then
re-enlarge it.

Did you get this error:
Access violation at address 019E6618 in module "QRPT40.BPL" Read of
address FFFFFFFF.

??????????//

What the heck is this all about?

Re:Strange happenings with Quick Report 3.0 and Delphi 4

According to information received at last weeks Inprise Denver conference,
QR 3.0 is full of serious bugs.  Thee are supposed to be updates coming out
shortly.  Based on what I heard there I'm not attempting to use QR 3 at all.
There is also supposed to be a version 2.0 that can be used to downdate the
version in delpi 4 to something workable.

Glenn E. Martin wrote:

> Here's the deal. Create a new project. place a QuickRep object on the
> new form. Now put a dataset object and Query object on the table (write
> a simple query for this example) and connect them to the QuickRep
> object.

> Now put a groupheader, detail and groupfooter on the QuickRep and some
> labels and dataaware components.

> Run the program. You may get an error, you may not.

> Now get back to the programming environment (Run|Program Reset).

You should use Reset only as an emergency measure.

> Now, just for the heck of it shrink the windows taskbar and then
> re-enlarge it.

> Did you get this error:
> Access violation at address 019E6618 in module "QRPT40.BPL" Read of
> address FFFFFFFF.

Have you tried just closing the program and then go to the taskbar?
That said, Quick Reports is not known for being stable.

Karl

   Karl Waclawek
   KD Soft Inc.
 * Phone:  (905) 579-3443