Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

Try the following.

Q: "Cannot Load IDAPI Service Library" error: What does this error mean and
how can I resolve it?

A: If Access 95 or Office 95 was not used to load the DAO 3.0 engine on the
machine, the cause is a missing registry entry. To fix this, place the
folloing entry in the registry:
 ? key name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO
 ? string: Path
 ? value: (path to your DAO3032.DLL)

--
Bill

Re:Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

Yes, but when I test as follows:(at a machine where my application works!)

1. I look in the registry, and confirm the path: c:\program files\common
files\microsoft shared\dao and the dao3032.dll is there!
2. I search for the dao3032.dll
3. It is located in the above path(point 1) and in
c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll

4. I rename the DLL, in c:\windows\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll to XXdao3032.DLL
and now even when the registry value is correct, my applications fails to
start with this error:

  * Cannot Load IDAPI Service Library" error*

So I guess BDE must have some other search values, than the below mentioned,
but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Im using the NATIVE MSACCESS Driver.

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998 15:00:09 +0200, "Troels Kjerulf" <t...@scandiplan.dk>
wrote:

>So I guess BDE must have some other search values, than the below mentioned,
>but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
>Im using the NATIVE MSACCESS Driver.

Which version of the BDE do you use? You may want to adjust the values of
the ACCESS driver in the IDAPI configuration.

In BDE 4.5, the default location for DAO was in C:\Windows\Msapps\DAO, in
the BDE 4.51 and higher, the location is in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO.

You have to adjust the IDAPI32.CNF in the "redist" directory of Express, as
well as the current IDAPI32.CFG to point to the correct driver location.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

thanks for the information,

But maybe I should refraise my question:
Does anyone now, which DLL's the NATIVE ACCESS Driver use, or where I can
find some information about this subject. My application use the BDE,
connecting to a ACCESS 97 database.
So I guess, that besides (my original problem) with the dao3032.dll I will
be needing some more files, is there any information about this somewhere?
and how would I ensure that BDE serches the correct path for those dll's
from the DAO.

Thanks,

stefan (at) installshield (dot) co (dot) za (InstallShield Software Corp.)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:43:19 +0200, "Scandiplan" <i...@scandiplan.com>
wrote:

>So I guess, that besides (my original problem) with the dao3032.dll I will
>be needing some more files, is there any information about this somewhere?
>and how would I ensure that BDE serches the correct path for those dll's
>from the DAO.

If you are using DAO 3.5, you should look for the DAO350.DLL. You should
also upgrade to BDE 4.51 and adjust your IDAPI files correctly. The BDE
looks in specific places for the DLLs in question. It mostly likely
retrieves the information from yout IDAPI32.CFG. Express gets its
information from the IDAPI32.CNF file in its "Redist" folder. When you
upgrade the BDE, make sure you modify that file to point to the new driver
(DAO350.DLL).

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

okay, thanks but I think that would be the Key Value from the regedit
mentioned by Bill Todd (B team) you are talking about there? I can't find
any value mention this in the Idapi.cfg, and by the way
I am using BDE 4.51, so unfortunatly my problem continues, and perhaps would
this value not be upgraded when the automatic installation of the bde is
beeing done?

best Troels Kjerulf

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:01:24 +0200, "Scandiplan" <i...@scandiplan.com>
wrote:

>I am using BDE 4.51, so unfortunatly my problem continues, and perhaps would
>this value not be upgraded when the automatic installation of the bde is
>beeing done?

Look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSACCESS\INIT. You will find the DLL32 value there.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

>Does anyone now, which DLL's the NATIVE ACCESS Driver use, or where I can
>find some information about this subject. My application use the BDE,
>connecting to a ACCESS 97 database.

I have this list for DOA 3.0 but I do not have a similar one for DAO 3.5

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Intallation program, using the NATIVE ACCESS Driver - please help :-)

Just wish to say thank you, for the very nice answers,

Thanks!

Troels Kjerulf

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote in message

<35bd3957.16378...@forums.borland.com>...

>>Does anyone now, which DLL's the NATIVE ACCESS Driver use, or where I can
>>find some information about this subject. My application use the BDE,
>>connecting to a ACCESS 97 database.

>I have this list for DOA 3.0 but I do not have a similar one for DAO 3.5

>> > \> MSJINT32.dll    Localized Microsoft Jet error messages

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads