Urgent: "Invalid File Name" at Design

Hello,

I'm transferring paradox tables from one computer to another.  I installed
D2 on the new computer and created the same alias that's was on the old
computer.  For some reason, I get an error at design time when I try to open
a table within the newly created alias.   I start a new app, drop a TTable,
set the alias & table name - then try to set it to active and I get "Invalid
File Name".  ?????

I CAN open the table in the database desktop and I can open tables in other
alias (DBDemos & DefaultDD).  I've tried re-installing Delphi & the BDE
twice - but I get the same error.  I'm using Delphi 2.01 w/BDE 3.0.

Please Help!!!

Re:Urgent: "Invalid File Name" at Design

Does the new computer run Win95 OSR2 with FAT 32?  If so you must have
version 3.5 or later of the BDE. Version 3.0, which originally shipped with
D2, does not support FAT 32.

--
Bill

Re:Urgent: "Invalid File Name" at Design

I don't understand.  Yes this machine does run FAT32 and OSR2, but I
installed my deployed application (along with BDE 3.0) on the computer
before I installed Delphi 2 and it worked fine.  Also, if I can't access the
tables in Delphi - how can I access them correctly in the database desktop
AND how can I access the tables in the DBDemo & DDefault alias's?

Not stating I don't believe you, I'm just trying to understand the problem
so that I can solve them if my customers call me stating the same issues.

Re:Urgent: "Invalid File Name" at Design

There may well be some other problem that is causing the symptoms you
describe.  The only thing I cann tell you for sure is that using BDE 3.0 on
FAT 32 is not safe.

--
Bill

Re:Urgent: "Invalid File Name" at Design

Excerpting from "Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill_todd.nos...@compuserve.com> on
Mon, 18 May 1998 18:32:25 -0700 in borland.public.delphi.database.desktop:

>Does the new computer run Win95 OSR2 with FAT 32?  If so you must have
>version 3.5 or later of the BDE. Version 3.0, which originally shipped with
>D2, does not support FAT 32.

Will the FAT32 support be enabled when the BDE4.51 upgrade is installed
over BDE3.0?
--
PGP information in message headers

Other Threads