'Unknown Internal Error'

I've encountered the following error on one of our clients PC and wonder
if there are someone who know the solution to this.

A table consisting of about 40,000 records with about 20 fields per
record (table size 27Mb) is being used to fill another table of the same
amount of fields.

During this process, somewhere in the middle, the following error
occurs.

'Unknown internal operating system error. File c:\Data\ATable.Db'

The caption of the error is the application name.

Can this have something to do with shared memory, block size of the
table or what ???

I'm using delphi 2.0 and the tables are Paradox 5.0. On a smaller table
of about 10,000 records, same # fields, no problem occurs.

Thanks in Advance

Conrad Smith

Re:'Unknown Internal Error'

Conrad Smith wrote:

> I've encountered the following error on one of our clients PC and wonder
> if there are someone who know the solution to this.

> A table consisting of about 40,000 records with about 20 fields per
> record (table size 27Mb) is being used to fill another table of the same
> amount of fields.

> During this process, somewhere in the middle, the following error
> occurs.

> 'Unknown internal operating system error. File c:\Data\ATable.Db'

> The caption of the error is the application name.

> Can this have something to do with shared memory, block size of the
> table or what ???

> I'm using delphi 2.0 and the tables are Paradox 5.0. On a smaller table
> of about 10,000 records, same # fields, no problem occurs.

> Thanks in Advance

> Conrad Smith

I've done some further tests and the following occured.
Even if i use Database desktop to access the table i get problems.
The table get displayed perfectly, but as soon as i add an index or pack
the table, i get this 'Unknown Internal Operating System Error'.

If i copy this table to my PC, no problems...

Please help!!!!

Thanks
Conrad Smith

Other Threads