Say NO to the BDE

Is there a way I can access a database in delphi WITHOUT using the BDE?

--
Yoly Ceron
yce...@quisqueya.com

Re:Say NO to the BDE

You may want to try out our product, ODE 2.0, which is currently in beta.

ODE 2.0 provides a set of visual components which manage the connection to
any ODBC data sources, and a set of data-aware controls to work with the
ODBC data.

ODE 2.0 by-pass the BDE entirely.

Please visit our web site at http://www.vansoft.com.hk for more details.

Customer Support
VanSoft Limited

Yoly Ceron <yce...@quisqueya.com> wrote in article
<01bc9fbf$5274fda0$e2e869ce@default>...

> Is there a way I can access a database in delphi WITHOUT using the BDE?

> --
> Yoly Ceron
> yce...@quisqueya.com
> http://www.quisqueya.com/yoly

Re:Say NO to the BDE

"Yoly Ceron" <yce...@quisqueya.com> wrote:
>Is there a way I can access a database in delphi WITHOUT using the BDE?

Yep.  Lots of 'em.  Personally, I favor ODBCExpress, but (as always)
YMMV.

Re:Say NO to the BDE

In article <33fb19e4.7760...@news.usinternet.com> es...@corlabs.com (Dave Sherohman) writes:
>"Yoly Ceron" <yce...@quisqueya.com> wrote:
>>Is there a way I can access a database in delphi WITHOUT using the BDE?
>Yep.  Lots of 'em.  Personally, I favor ODBCExpress, but (as always)
>YMMV.

Although... you skip the BDE but durned if you're not using a package called
ODBC that in its full form is quite a bit larger.  :-/

Other Threads