DOS Turbo De{*word*81} .vs. Windows 98

I have a very large DOS program that I need to keep compiling and
debugging until I can convert it to Delphi 4. Has anybody successfully
gotten the 386 mode Turbo De{*word*81} 3.1 (c:\tp\bp\td\dosdpmi\td386.exe)
to work under Windows 98?

I have tried many combinations of XMS, EMS, conventional and DPMI
memory settings on the program. I have tried putting the -e####
parameter on the TDH386.SYS device driver in my own config.sys. This
causes my PC to loop indefinitely until I step past the de{*word*81}
execution.

Note: I am not an extended, nor expanded nor DPMI memory guru. Filling
in some basics might help me to understand what is going on under
Windows 98 .vs. Windows 3.1 where it all used to work.

YOUR THOUGHTS WILL BE APPRECIATED
JERRY