Indy: Sender address -> User name

Hello!

I Tried to post this message thru dejanews but that didnt succeed.
So i try again...

I have a problem with the Indy 8.0 in Delphi 5. When I receive an
e-mail from an account on our Exchange server the user name of the
sender i. e. "Johan Persson" is put in the from.address property and
the from.name is empty.

This causes my "Reply to" function to go wrong because it puts the
from.address property in the "To" field of a form. Has anyone seen
this phenomen and is there any trivial way to catch the address in
another way?

Regards

J?rgen Martinsson

Re:Indy: Sender address -> User name

It's probably due to an incorrect parsing of the email address. Can you
send a bug report with the original email address (complete) the way it
should be?

Re:Indy: Sender address -> User name

Hello!

Heres a quote from the mail I am trying to decode:

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rgen_Martinsson?= <Jorgen.Martins...@cc-systems.se>
To: "Hotpop (E-mail)" <jorge...@hotpop.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:31:42 +0100

------_=_NextPart_000_01C16B5C.D6931050

A quote from my code written in delphi 5 looks lik:

"Connection to pop3 server"

msg.Clear;
 idPOP31.RetrieveHeader(index, msg);

senderStr:=msg.From.Name;
senderAddr:=msg.From.Address;

Here are the SenderStr blank and the senderAddr contains "J?rgen Martinsson"

But i cant find the email address anywhere...

/J?rgen

"J?rgen Martinsson" <jorgen.martins...@NOSpam.cc-systems.se> wrote in

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rgen_Martinsson?=
> <Jorgen.Martins...@cc-systems.se>

Can you put in a bug report with this From value?

thanks.

Other Threads