BDE and SQL Server 2000 Trusted Connection

Hi

I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 via the BDE using a trusted
connection.

I get the following error:

"Login failed for user (null). Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection."

Any advice, please?

Re:BDE and SQL Server 2000 Trusted Connection

You must make sure that the USER NAME parameter in BDE is blank in both your
alias and the driver.

--
Adroit Software Ltd
------------------------------

"Emile Cronje" <em...@mosaicsoftware.com> wrote in message

> Hi

> I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 via the BDE using a trusted
> connection.

> I get the following error:

> "Login failed for user (null). Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> Server connection."

> Any advice, please?

Re:BDE and SQL Server 2000 Trusted Connection

Hi Brian

I am not too familiar with the setting of BDE parameters. Could you give me
more detail, please?.

Thank you
Emile

"Brian Jones" <bri...@nospam.adroit-software.co.uk> wrote in message

> You must make sure that the USER NAME parameter in BDE is blank in both
your
> alias and the driver.

> --
> Adroit Software Ltd
> ------------------------------
> Remove the nospam. to mail me direct
> "Emile Cronje" <em...@mosaicsoftware.com> wrote in message
> > Hi

> > I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 via the BDE using a trusted
> > connection.

> > I get the following error:

> > "Login failed for user (null). Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
> > Server connection."

> > Any advice, please?

Re:BDE and SQL Server 2000 Trusted Connection

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:18:46 +0200, "Emile Cronje"

<em...@mosaicsoftware.com> wrote:
>I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 via the BDE using a trusted
>connection.

The BDE does not support SQLServer 2000 - 6.5 was the last version
supported by the BDE.

I'd strongly suggest switching to ADOexpress for using anything beyond
SQL Server 7

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Other Threads