I cant believe SQL 7 cant handle Memo fields

Why should we have to use a third party  driver other than BDE and ODBC to
handle memo / long text fields in SQL 7 and delphi 4.

Or am i not reading the questions correctly. It seems the advice is to use
ADO

Re:I cant believe SQL 7 cant handle Memo fields

It does work with BDE. However, you do get some stange behaviour if your
table and columns names in your TQUERY are not the same case as in the
database. Try making all objects uppercase (tablenames, columns, indexes)

--
Adroit Software Ltd

Ian Robinson wrote in message <7hsnvv$d...@forums.borland.com>...
>Why should we have to use a third party  driver other than BDE and ODBC to
>handle memo / long text fields in SQL 7 and delphi 4.

>Or am i not reading the questions correctly. It seems the advice is to use
>ADO

Other Threads