Q: SQL anywhere performance over network..

hi,

  can any one tell me how i can increase the SQL Anywhere performance
over peer to peer network?

any help, tips are appreciated

Regards,
Mohamed A. Hammady
MediSoft
48 El-Mahdy Ebn-Baraka, 7th Area       Telefax : +20 2 2608220
Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt                Email : mhamm...@idsc1.gov.eg

Re:Q: SQL anywhere performance over network..

Mohamed

1. Only load one protocol with DBClient on your client machine (ie
TCPIP)
2. Have the database server on the least used computer with the largest
amount of disk space and memory.
3. Set the database cache to a 'goodly' size (we use 20Mb)

Derek Davidson
Author of DK's Audit Components
Get a FREE copy from my web site at :
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Re:Q: SQL anywhere performance over network..

Re:Q: SQL anywhere performance over network..

Mohamed ,

I'm after the same information. At this stage I have had no hints. Compared
to interbase it is 50% slower  using the standard settings. Unfortunately
this is not aceptable for a production system. It needs to be faster.

Richard

Mohamed A. Hammady <mhamm...@idsc1.gov.eg> wrote in article
<34BBA1A4.1CE98...@idsc1.gov.eg>...

> hi,

>   can any one tell me how i can increase the SQL Anywhere performance
> over peer to peer network?

> any help, tips are appreciated

> Regards,
> Mohamed A. Hammady
> MediSoft
> 48 El-Mahdy Ebn-Baraka, 7th Area       Telefax : +20 2 2608220
> Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt                Email : mhamm...@idsc1.gov.eg

Re:Q: SQL anywhere performance over network..

Richard

I've used both InterBase and SQLA and have always found SQLA to be
faster (except when performing mass deletions).  What kind of problems
are you seeing?  What network are you using?  Which network protocol
are you using with SQLA?  Is your a slow network anyway?

Derek Davidson
Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components for Delphi from my web site:
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Now Includes INFOPOWER Derived components and a demo

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads