DCOM Server

Hi,

I've been asked to create a DCOM Server, and as far as I know it needs to be
in the form of an an EXE, however, I don't need the baggage of a form. Can I
just remove this without any side-effects, or does it have to remain part of
the COM Server?

Thanks.

Re:DCOM Server

In the DPR:

begin
  Application.Init;
  Application.ShowMainForm := False;
  Application.Run;
end.

The default form usually ensures that Application.Run will go into a proper
message loop. If you remove it, you'll have to substitute Application.Run
with your own loop.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Mark Smith" <smithm...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I've been asked to create a DCOM Server, and as far as I know it needs to
be
> in the form of an an EXE, however, I don't need the baggage of a form. Can
> just remove this without any side-effects, or does it have to remain part
of
> the COM Server?

> Thanks.

Re:DCOM Server

Ooops I meant

 begin
   Application.Init;
   Application.CreateForm (...);

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> wrote in message news:3b4b80bb$1_2@dnews...
> In the DPR:

> begin
>   Application.Init;
>   Application.ShowMainForm := False;
>   Application.Run;
> end.

> The default form usually ensures that Application.Run will go into a
proper
> message loop. If you remove it, you'll have to substitute Application.Run
> with your own loop.

> --
> have fun
> Binh Ly
> http://www.techvanguards.com

> "Mark Smith" <smithm...@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I've been asked to create a DCOM Server, and as far as I know it needs
> be
> > in the form of an an EXE, however, I don't need the baggage of a form.
Can
> > just remove this without any side-effects, or does it have to remain
part
> of
> > the COM Server?

> > Thanks.