A SQL Server connection question

Hi all,

I have a quick question about database connections in SQL Server 6.5.  I
built a small C/S test application (using Delphi4 and ODBC) and found that
the server manager registered a rather large number of connections for each
client I ran.  I was expecting a single connection that would service all a
clients requests, but instead there appeared to be approx. 1 connection per
table.

I also found that monitoring connections was a little difficult as the SQL
Server manager seems rather more interested in processes than connections.

Any help regarding how many connections per client/table is normal would be
appreciated.  I am concerned that if I use this setup with a large database
that the number of connections will skyrocket.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

email: hu...@logica.com