Assigning a chart pointer to a chart

Hi

How can I explicitly assign a pointer to a chart to an actual TDBChart
component, so that the
TDBChart is basically an exact copy of the original?

Currently I am doing the following :

Firstly I am using the long way of determining each series type in the
original pointer
and then creating a similar series in the TDBChart component, then:

(pChart is the pointer) and (dbcChart is the TDBChart component)

dbcChart.Assign(pChart.Chart);

 for iCount := 0 to pChart.Chart.SeriesCount-1 do begin
  dbcChart.Series[iCount].Assign(pChart.Chart.Series[iCount]);
  dbcChart.Series[iCount].DataSource := pChart.Chart.Series[iCount]
end;

Everything looks fine but when I try to edit the datasource and X and Y
values
of the TDBChart the correct datasource does not appear. Instead it is listed
as a
function.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks