        Germ
        goos...@IAEhv.nl

Re:Is a little 3D program difficult?

On 1997-11-29 goos...@IAEhv.nl said:
   >Dear programmers,
   >I'm just 14 and programming text-programs, but I want something new,
   >something 'beautiful', I thought about 3D. I know something about
   >Turbo Pascal (I've got 5.0). Must I make 100pictures with line(..,..
   >),.. .. ..... and then show them after each other? Or is there an
   >other way to make 3D 'movies'?
   >Please help me and answer one or more, or answer something about;
   >-what must I do to make 3D 'movies'?
   >-how can I make 'movies' without flashing?
   >-how can I make short 3D files?

One good way to get into 3D as a starter would be to find a file
called 3DLIB. It creates a 3d environment using .PCX pics for the
walls, objects and such and includes pascal source. It handles the
movement, clipping (flashing) and image scaling pretty well and is a
good starting point if you are interested in DOOM-like or Wolfenstien
style of 3D environments for games.

jaywa...@gte.net

"Energize," said Kirk, and the pink bunny appeared.

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Test Drive

Germ wrote:
> Dear programmers,

> I'm just 14 and programming text-programs, but I want something new,
> something 'beautiful', I thought about 3D. I know something about
> Turbo
> Pascal (I've got 5.0). Must I make 100pictures with line(..,..),.. ..
> .... and then show them after each other? Or is there an other way to
> make 3D 'movies'?

> Please help me and answer one or more, or answer something about;
> -what must I do to make 3D 'movies'?
> -how can I make 'movies' without flashing?
> -how can I make short 3D files?

> Regards,
>         Germ
>         goos...@IAEhv.nl

 If you want to create 3D 'movies' you probably need to use something
like 3D studio, or PovRay .. these are raytracers, and 3D studio is used
by large software companies to produce those intro movies, and inbetween
scene parts (like the ones on TombRaider)
If you would like to use them in your own program, convert them to FLI
and find some source code to play FLI files (this can be found on
various program sites)...
But making 3D movies has, most of the time, nothing to do with
programming..

Greets,
--
Pascal Bestebroer