Pascal Site for Forums

I am considering putting together a website for Pascal (Turbo Pascal,
Standard pascal, Delphi, Windows, DOS, OS2, MAC, etc...) for forums. In my
thinking, I want to put together a site with forums. Maybe some links and
such, but more than anything, forums for discussions of all types of Pascal
interest. Am I wasting my time here?

--
Eric

Bios Central
http://www.bioscentral.com
http://www.linuxdiscussions.org

Re:Pascal Site for Forums

Isn't that what the comp.lang.pascal hierarchy already exists to do?

On Mon, 7 May 2001 18:15:33 -0700, "Eric" <postc...@bioscentral.com>
wrote:

>I am considering putting together a website for Pascal (Turbo Pascal,
>Standard pascal, Delphi, Windows, DOS, OS2, MAC, etc...) for forums. In my
>thinking, I want to put together a site with forums. Maybe some links and
>such, but more than anything, forums for discussions of all types of Pascal
>interest. Am I wasting my time here?

Re:Pascal Site for Forums

True, but perhaps a web site would be more organized. Not only that, but
with today's BBS software, you have the capability to present code in a
cleaner manner. Just seeking thought on it though. Would a website provide
better means of gathering people together? Would it be easier to use than
the newsgroups?  heck, I don't know. I'd be willing to work one if the
consensus was there though.  Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

--
Eric

Bios Central
http://www.bioscentral.com

"horton hears a who" <n...@home.com> wrote in message

> Isn't that what the comp.lang.pascal hierarchy already exists to do?

> On Mon, 7 May 2001 18:15:33 -0700, "Eric" <postc...@bioscentral.com>
> wrote:

> >I am considering putting together a website for Pascal (Turbo Pascal,
> >Standard pascal, Delphi, Windows, DOS, OS2, MAC, etc...) for forums. In
my
> >thinking, I want to put together a site with forums. Maybe some links and
> >such, but more than anything, forums for discussions of all types of
Pascal
> >interest. Am I wasting my time here?

Re:Pascal Site for Forums

Eric <postc...@bioscentral.com> said the following:
[pascal forums]

>True, but perhaps a web site would be more organized. Not only that, but
>with today's BBS software, you have the capability to present code in a
>cleaner manner. Just seeking thought on it though. Would a website provide
>better means of gathering people together? Would it be easier to use than
>the newsgroups?

comp.lang.pascal.* is already, IMHO, pretty well organised. What do you
think is wrong with it ?

Running forums off a web site is, in any case, going to be a non-starter
for those who do not have unmetered internet connections and do not wish
to rack up a lot of expensive calls reading the equivalent of news but
having to do it whilst staying online whilst, with news, an offline
reader means you can download, disconnect and then reconnect when
needed.
--
Information on this newsgroup is posted weekly - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Re:Pascal Site for Forums

In article <uo6YUcFnx396E...@pkuatb.net>, Pedt wrote:
> Eric <postc...@bioscentral.com> said the following:
> [pascal forums]
>>True, but perhaps a web site would be more organized. Not only that, but
>>with today's BBS software, you have the capability to present code in a
>>cleaner manner. Just seeking thought on it though. Would a website provide
>>better means of gathering people together? Would it be easier to use than
>>the newsgroups?

> comp.lang.pascal.* is already, IMHO, pretty well organised. What do you
> think is wrong with it ?

> Running forums off a web site is, in any case, going to be a non-starter
> for those who do not have unmetered internet connections and do not wish
> to rack up a lot of expensive calls reading the equivalent of news but
> having to do it whilst staying online whilst, with news, an offline
> reader means you can download, disconnect and then reconnect when
> needed.

Hmm, and I have unmetered access, and still like news better.
Why? Because I get it from my local server, with very low latency. Webpages
are slow anyway. (compared to a textmode News browser)

Other Threads